Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Dead Key on Viscount Legend Live/ Help

Damn it !!

I fired up my Viscount Legend Live last night and the C4 key is not triggering.

Anyway.... this Fatar keybed is common to many clone organs so I thought I might ask if anyone else has tackled this.

Hopefully it is the keybed. The tone itself appears when I go to transpose mode, so it is presumably not the sound engine.

Any help appreciated.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know HOW this appeared on Garage sale and not the regular part of the forum!!!

Confusion of the new format

My deepest apologies. It's been that kind of month

Fixed. :thu:

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

It are a well known error at Fatar keyboards, at least at Nord.

There are some small bubble contacts made of rubber that are getting contact with a contact strip. The bubble contact have a ventilation hole that could suck in dust and disturb the contact. So the keyboard need to be disassembled and cleaned with some compressed air or a q-tips and some alcohol under the bubble contact for the faulty key.

If depend how easy it are to access the keyboards inside on your organ, but I guess, not a big deal for a technican.

Here a thread from Nord User Forum that show the problem :

www.norduserforum.com/nord-stage-forum-f3/dead-key-on-my-ns3-t17909-10.html#p118759

Edit : Please note that the post at NUF are for a velocity sensitive board, but principal the contacts look much the same.

/Bjørn - old gearjunkie, still with lot of GAS

Yes.... I had suspected that this is that rubber contact.

It would be great if I could fix this myself but if necessary I might be able to find a tech to help.

This is the same keybed as Nord, Crumar Mojo etc. presumably.