Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

OT - What are you listening to right now?

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ionnalee; REMEMBER THE FUTURE

[video:youtube]

Stuff: Roland:SH-201/U-110/S-330/TR-626/M-48 Akai: miniAK/S6000 Yamaha:DX9/HS8/xs7 Korg:05R/W/AX10G Alesis: Vortex MK1 CME: UF70 classic V2/WIDI Behringer: DSP2024Px2/UMC204HD/101/340/D/03/8 ESI:1010e

Listening to the livestream of Cyrus Chestnut with Dezron Douglas on upright At Mezzrow. Cyrus so much feel and great lines.

Didn't even know Smalls and Mezzrow had live streams! By lucky chance I've caught Cyrus and Dezron live right now.

Connected from Amman to New York just like that. Amazing.

[align:right]##

##[/align]

In response to an earlier post, ANYTHING Rachael Price does is incredible. Two years ago, Lake Street Dive and Joey Dosik came to Omaha and I was lucky enough to go (I went for Joey after discovering him through Vulfpeck, had never really listened to LSD before). After that night, LSD became one of my favorite groups. During Joey's performance, Rachael came out and they did a duet of What's Going On and it was straight religion to me.

Right now I'm listening to Woo Park--super groovy--and early Ahmad Jamal Trio stuff.

"...and that TV channel at the hotel that's, like, ABOUT the hotel?"

Yamaha CP 73 / Numa Organ 2 / Korg Prologue 8

In response to an earlier post, ANYTHING Rachael Price does is incredible. Two years ago, Lake Street Dive and Joey Dosik came to Omaha and I was lucky enough to go (I went for Joey after discovering him through Vulfpeck, had never really listened to LSD before). After that night, LSD became one of my favorite groups. During Joey's performance, Rachael came out and they did a duet of What's Going On and it was straight religion to me.

:like:

I've seen LSD a half dozen times and will be seeing them again this Sunday at a local brewery. Bassist/Songwriter Bridget Kearney is from our little college town and so we got to see them a couple times before they hit it big. They've done it the right way; great pop sensibility, supported but not hindered by a world-class music education. Add 10 years on the road in a van and suddenly you're an overnight success :)

Rachael can belt it out with the best of them but has the taste and nuance that many of her pop contemporaries lack.

Yamaha CK88, Arturia Keylab 61 MkII, Moog Sub 37, Yamaha U1 Upright, Casio CT-S500, Mac Logic/Mainstage, iPad Camelot, Spacestation V.3, QSC K10.2, JBL EON One Compact

www.stickmanor.com

There's a thin white line between fear and fury - Stickman

:like:

I've seen LSD a half dozen times and will be seeing them again this Sunday at a local brewery. Bassist/Songwriter Bridget Kearney is from our little college town and so we got to see them a couple times before they hit it big. They've done it the right way; great pop sensibility, supported but not hindered by a world-class music education. Add 10 years on the road in a van and suddenly you're an overnight success :)

Rachael can belt it out with the best of them but has the taste and nuance that many of her pop contemporaries lack.

Nice! That's a great take on Rachael and the band's success. My friend and I will be road-tripping down to Bonner Springs in Kansas to see them for the third time in July :) can't wait

"...and that TV channel at the hotel that's, like, ABOUT the hotel?"

Yamaha CP 73 / Numa Organ 2 / Korg Prologue 8

• 2 weeks later...
Been listening to CTI album specifically Freddie Hubbard's Red Clay. Great playing on those CTI albums with Herbie Hancock, Ron Carter, George Benson and others. Also the albums on Kudo records a off shoot of CTI who Grover Washington, Esther Phillips, and others were on. What a great time in music.

Toto IV has been in heavy rotation the last couple days for me. What a great album!!

Hardware

Yamaha MODX7, DX7, PSR-530, SY77/Korg TR-Rack, 01/W Pro X, Trinity Pro X, Karma/Ensoniq ESQ-1, VFX-SD

Behringer DeepMind12, Model D, Odyssey, 2600/Roland RD-1000/Arturia Keylab MKII 61

Software

Studio One/V Collection 9/Korg Collection 4/Cherry Audio/UVI SonicPass/EW Composer Cloud/Omnisphere, Stylus RMX, Trilian/IK Total Studio 3.5 MAX/Roland Cloud

Via Synthtopia

"Sunday Synth Jam: This video, via Laurent Lecatelier, captures a live performance by Jean-Philippe Rykiel, on piano and Balorans The River synthesizer."

[align:right]##

##[/align]

• 2 weeks later...
Toto IV has been in heavy rotation the last couple days for me. What a great album!!

Seconded.

Soul, R&B, Pop from Los Angeles

http://philipclark.com

Cannonball Gerald Albright Signature Alto, Yamaha YC73, Fender Rhodes, Roland Juno-106, Yamaha MX61, Roland VR-09, MicroKorg XL, Maschine Mikro, Yamaha Reface CP, Roland MKS-50

• 2 weeks later...

This group of young people with 5 keyboards, guitar, bass, and drums.

What do you think of this? I like it. It"s a Casio festival.

This same festival had these people too.

Yamaha MX49, Casio SK1/WK-7600, Korg Minilogue, Alesis SR-16, Casio CT-X3000, FL Studio, many VSTs, percussion, woodwinds, strings, and sound effects.

I didn't know this whole concert was available until last night. I've been watching the individual clip of Strasbourg St Denis for months, but to have the whole show is really great.

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

Getting late and feeling good about my practice today so checked YT and bernies bootlegs just put up the whole Lennie Tristano album called Note for Note. Digging the album so I just bought the download version.

Here the link to the YT for some laid back Lennie.

• 3 weeks later...

Some music called patam-patam which is music mainly played on Technics keyboards with a lot of synth sounds. The older stuff uses Juno-60, Oberheim

OB-Xa, and DX7 a LOT.

Yamaha MX49, Casio SK1/WK-7600, Korg Minilogue, Alesis SR-16, Casio CT-X3000, FL Studio, many VSTs, percussion, woodwinds, strings, and sound effects.

The audible version, read by the author. Immensely enjoyable. And now I know why I should never order seafood on a Monday, and other gems. :)

9780060934910_p0_v1_s600x595.jpg

The fact there's a Highway To Hell and only a Stairway To Heaven says a lot about anticipated traffic numbers

People only say "It's a free country" when they're doing something shitty-Demetri Martin

I'm listening to a few artists on repeated rotation, all with another take on composing for piano.

The only.one of those on YouTube are Goldmund:

The others can be found on Bandcamp:

The Piano Cloud series by 1631 Recordings: https://1631recordings.bandcamp.com/album/piano-cloud-series-volume-one

Young Russian composer Alex Tiuniaev: https://alextiuniaev.bandcamp.com/

Trumpet player by trade, but fell in love with keys too.