Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Melodicamen: Rite of Spring

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ha ha ha ha ha. Pure genius! The best fun about "fauvisme" I have ever seen. :D :D :D

The synthesis of the various movements into a few minutes of duration is extremely well done too.

And, they are playing so tightly and precisely that I have some doubts that it's all live... if it is, though, hats off once again. And they are *acting* at the same time, too!

In any case, it was a while since the last time I laughed so genuinely. Thanks!! :2thu: (I'm going to steal it, too.)

60.png.fda2a5a162642aba375b1ccb3d431819.png

Best version ever!

And yes, I believe they are using circular breathing, and did so without dropping dead of a heart attack like SFS's William Bennett did during a performance of Richard Strauss's Oboe Concerto a few years back (he was only 50-ish and also a well known international soloist and recording artist). Most of us in this area are still terrified of experimenting with circular breathing as a result.

Eugenio Upright, 60th Anniversary P-Bass, USA Geddy Lee J-Bass, Yamaha BBP35, D'angelico SS Bari, EXL1,

Select Strat, 70th Anniversary Esquire, LP 57, Eastman T486, T64, Ibanez PM2, Hammond XK4, Moog Voyager

I believe they are using circular breathing, and did so without dropping dead of a heart attack like SFO's William Bennett did during a performance of Richard Strauss's Oboe Concerto.
Huh. (Non-sarcastic, non-ironic, non-joking follows.)

I have this vague memory from college (woodwind teaching methods for non-woodwind players) that oboes use so little air going through that tiny double reed that oboists usually need to exhale after playing a long passage. So why would one need circular breathing?

-Tom Williams

{First Name} {at} AirNetworking {dot} com

PC4-7, PX-5S, AX-Edge, PC361

The oboe intro to Strauss' concerto is almost five minutes long without a breath, as I recall.

Eugenio Upright, 60th Anniversary P-Bass, USA Geddy Lee J-Bass, Yamaha BBP35, D'angelico SS Bari, EXL1,

Select Strat, 70th Anniversary Esquire, LP 57, Eastman T486, T64, Ibanez PM2, Hammond XK4, Moog Voyager

If you go back to their older videos, you'll see how people question the authenticity of their performance. Some would even say this is all pre-programmed midi and stuff! I've seen them at the NAMM. Midi my *** ,They CAN play!
www.youtube.com/c/InTheMixReviews

It would have taken more effort to do that as MIDI than to just play it, as there are so many idiosyncrasies!

It would have taken more effort to do that as MIDI than to just play it, as there are so many idiosyncrasies!

That's how you know the YouTube comment comes from a noob who just wanted to say something.

www.youtube.com/c/InTheMixReviews