Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Love Nord sound but need it in Black

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not sure I would do this or (as mentioned) it is even worth doing but if I did want to pursue this I would forget contact paper.

The stuff you want is 3M Di Noc. It comes in wood, silk, carbon fiber and a multitude of textures and colors. Just order up a few swatches that might have the look your deem appropriate. They're a dollar each.

Once you've decided, order up a big roll and apply. Watch the videos and have all the tools on hand before you start. Sand and paint the end blocks to compliment the Di-Noc.

Yamaha CP73; 145 gig Leslie; Nord Electro 61; Oberheim OB3^2; Wurlitzer 200A; Ampeg Gemini I amp; Speakeasy Leslie preamp; QSC K-10

Boy does this thread remind me of just how low an opinion I have of big weddings..."bride's color choices" indeed. I watched my brother's (ex) wife and family tear each other to pieces for months planning a huge monstrosity. As ludicrous as the idea of someone complaining about a musician's keyboard color might seem on the surface, after hearing all about the anal obsessiveness of that fiasco I can certainly believe it.

Hoping my boys, when/if they marry, find someone willing opt for a small simple ceremony* and the money that would have been thrown away on all that big wedding crap for a single day can go toward a nice® house.

Wedding industry is right there with the funeral industry in the giant rip-off dept, but however people want to spend vast sums of money I guess they can go to town.

(*though I'd hate for all the keyboard players to be put out of work! :D)

Exactly, there is several examples on the Nord forum site for wrapping your keys with another Color.... Yes, the 3M option is the best for sure, better than Vynil.....
Stage 2, C2, NL2X+TC Pedals, P08+Tetra+H9, P12+TC Chorus D50+PG1000, 2 Matrix 1K, Proteus 2K, TX802, Streichfett, Drumbrute. Guitars:G&L Legacy, Asat X2, Ibanez Artstar AS153.Bass: L2000, SR1200&2605.

My Nord Electro is black, with the wood sides sanded down and stained. I had a very skilled friend do it the day I bought it.

Moog The One, VV 64 EP, Wurlies 200A 140 7300, Forte 7, Mojo 61, OB-6, Prophet 6, Polaris, Hammond A100, Farfisa VIP, ,Young Chang 6', Voyager, E7 Clav, Midiboard, Linnstrument, Seaboard

I've done my share of weddings and never had a problem. The newleyweds and families have been welcoming and wonderful.

That said, if it didn't specify it in your contract, then frankly it's their problem if they don't like the color of your stock keyboard. (Now if you had a bunch of stickers on it, that would be another story...)

Maybe it's me - I have no issue covering up the manufacturer's name on my board, if someone made that big a deal about the color of my keyboard I'd probably just pack up and leave... and let them do without keys. Life is way too short to deal with absurd, unnecessary drama.

As they say, that's just my .02 cents.