Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Feeding my inner prog child

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That's an excellent win. I couldn't live with less than the traditional 35 keys myself, but the sound of this line is impeccable. Get your Lexicon in the loop, you slacker! :laugh: The Mellotron blossoms and becomes its full self when you turn up the reverb. I know it won't gather any dust at your house. Its also an exponential leap to never be faced with a snarled tape rack. :like:

"Why can't they just make up something of their own?"
           ~ The great Richard Matheson, on the movie remakes of his book, "I Am Legend"

Having such a compact size available is really brilliant. Does it sound fantastic?

Yes, it does. The sound has a presence and authority wherever the tone control is set. You can dial down the rosin on the strings with that control, and it doesnt get thin as it mellows. The aftertouch can be used to bring in swells.

The thing is tiny, but has a sturdy aluminum chassis and a nice action. 2 octaves is limiting sometimes, but there is a handy octave switch and I can always midi to it if I need the full 3 octave range.

The pitch bend knob is a gas and works just like the real thing. I need to put a couple of semitone dots on the panel so I can do those epic slides for Epitath.

Moe

---

Having such a compact size available is really brilliant. Does it sound fantastic?

Yes, it does. The sound has a presence and authority wherever the tone control is set. You can dial down the rosin on the strings with that control, and it doesnt get thin as it mellows. The aftertouch can be used to bring in swells.

The thing is tiny, but has a sturdy aluminum chassis and a nice action. 2 octaves is limiting sometimes, but there is a handy octave switch and I can always midi to it if I need the full 3 octave range.

I knew the sound was on the mark, but being an M-Tron player, I hadn't retained the octave switch as a hardware feature here, d'oh! You're a wise guy :D to consider MIDI use. I was gassed the first time I got an old-style "star network" established, running three channelized synths from a Korg workstation. In a new field of mini-tabletops and sonically potent pocket synths, one of your top 5 purchasing considerations should be a possible master controller option that can handle the wide world of zones & exterrnal sequencer control. I figure the Stubb method will involve a macro somewhere that snaps the Mellotron to a controller if needed. I envy you a bit; the keys sound like a rare breath of fresh air.

"Why can't they just make up something of their own?"
           ~ The great Richard Matheson, on the movie remakes of his book, "I Am Legend"

COOL!!!! I love it!!!

My wife got the Mellotron Micro for a present last year! And then white shelving to support it on my Invisible Stand.

I also love that you can change the color of the "M" on the back by touching it! Enjoy Mate!!!

http://flyboyfilms.tv/Aethellis/Anchors%20Aweigh.jpg

"The devil take the poets who dare to sing the pleasures of an artist's life." - Gottschalk

Soundcloud

Aethellis

I also love that you can change the color of the "M" on the back by touching it!

Whaaaa?? I did not know that! (jumps out of bed to go check - yup!)

What a cool easter egg! I needed that. Came home from rehearsal tonight for a replacement drummer for 2 gigs this weekend. Kid can't hold a beat much less a groove.

Sure wish I had a manual...

Moe

---

I also love that you can change the color of the "M" on the back by touching it!

What a cool easter egg! I needed that. Came home from rehearsal tonight for a replacement drummer for 2 gigs this weekend. Kid can't hold a beat much less a groove.

Hmmm... I sent Markus email with my serial number and he emailed me the manual. It's short but does have info on how to create setups for live performance.

Try again and see if you hear back... if not maybe you can PM me and I can help.

"The devil take the poets who dare to sing the pleasures of an artist's life." - Gottschalk

Soundcloud

Aethellis

Hmmm... I sent Markus email with my serial number and he emailed me the manual. It's short but does have info on how to create setups for live performance.

Try again and see if you hear back... if not maybe you can PM me and I can help.

A second email did the trick. Got the manual now!

Moe

---