Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

maybe the best distortion unit of da planet? plasma rack

heyhey

have you seen?

the gamechanger audio plasmarack is out now.

Rack_Front.png

[video:youtube]

the gamechanger audio WEBSITE sez:

"The PLASMA RACK is a 1U sized high-end audio effects unit designed for professional and studio use.

A significant expansion of the unique High Voltage Distortion concept behind PLASMA Pedal, the

PLASMA Rack features an extra large xenon tube that conducts audio signal at voltages of up to 5500 volts.

In essence â you are playing a bolt of electricity, and the electric discharges created in the PLASMA tube

are instantly converted back into analog audio signal.

The result â a quick, responsive, and extremely heavy distortion with tons of unique character and an

extremely satisfying noise-gating effect."

i really can t wait to run my mpc3000 thru it!

:D

in chaos it all started - in chaos it will end

*** the liquid sky network ***

liquid sky bandcamp

liquid sky artistcollective soundclown

patreon for the liquid sky reforesting project in portugal

giphy.gif

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I read the subject item as "Plas Mar Ack," not having the slightest idea what it might be about. Now that understand the name, I know it's a rack⦠:freak:

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

This video talks about a cathode ray tube (CRT) which it isn't, but it illustrates the principle involved in the Plasma Rack. The plasma tube acts like a very fast responding variable resistor - more like a switch - that chops up the audio modulating the applied ignition voltage.

[video:youtube]

Don't electrocute yourself!

i really can t wait to run my mpc3000 thru it!

:D

That does sound pretty damn cool for hardcore beats :) I want to try it in parallel with bass, I like the way the guitar slides sound on the demo! The sound also reminds me a bit of the Ultra-Fuzz (project #6 in Electronic Projects for Musicians).

I think it might be possible to get close to this sound with some of the modules in the Helix...gonna give it a try, $1,499 is a bit much for me. Well, I know what I'll be playing with tonight.