Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Some chords I haven't played in a while

So I've turned the PC3 insode out a couple of times by now ? No, once, I think, by now, and it wasn't much fun. Literally? Well, it still needs servicing with that special can with pure alcohol to get some key going, but I use theCP4 over USB midi to play weighted things, so it's bearable.

I've made a standard form (a rack with 1 pole low pass at 20kHz or so, a gate and a limiter) recording with the Yamaha MG16XU mixer's AD converter running at 96kHz, trying some test sounds on my latest SetUp with special correction effects (as AUX2 5 unit chain, and global EQ==>MultiCo):

0floydtest1_clav_rhy.mp3 320kbs stereo mp3 2min58

These 3 sounds were edited from ROM presets, but using a fixed pattern (depending on natural env or not, some layer voumes and sloght velocity changes, and overall volume and Midi mode), so if there'd be a midi implementation chart, these edits would be automatable.

Anyhow, clearly there's lots of fine tuning desirable, but there's a sounds that works with some of these chords, and hey, I wouldn't have thought all these deep piano sounds for instance were actually inside the PC3 somehow! Turns out they are, and a lot likw them. It can even do absolutely believable Boogie Woogie and pipe organs hard to distinguish from real. Not as thin and haughty as the presets, but with body and usable for all kinds of chords.

Anyhow, that's the snappy update for now, there will be downloads and video.

TV

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Or 'Some cords I haven"t used in a while'

SCSI

Parallel

Thunderbolt

Some Chords I haven't used for a while.

Note: This isn't particularly funny, I've just been dying to use the new attachment feature. There have been so many times over the years when I've wanted to attach a graphic but didn't have a website I could post it to. Woo Hoo!

54.png.867826fa095b8c0b6c84027ee182731d.png

Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.

-Mark Twain

Or 'Some cords I haven"t used in a while'

SCSI

Parallel

Thunderbolt

Some Chords I haven't used for a while.

Note: This isn't particularly funny, I've just been dying to use the new attachment feature. There have been so many times over the years when I've wanted to attach a graphic but didn't have a website I could post it to. Woo Hoo!

I like it!

I would like to apologize to anyone I have not yet offended. Please be patient and I will get to you shortly.

Theo,

Even though your word choice is often odd to us native English speakers, your spelling is usually spot-on. However, I counted an unusual number of punctuation mistakes and spelling errors, uncharacteristic of your writing. What's going on?

that special can with pure alcohol

Oh -- I think I understand now.

http://www.airnetworking.com/Pictures/hip_flask.jpg

In the USA we call that a "hip flask."

-Tom Williams

{First Name} {at} AirNetworking {dot} com

PC4-7, PX-5S, AX-Edge, PC361

Oh, I put some Lexicon MX400 standard effect "1" reverb on the mixer (analogue, impedance-balanced connections) with the frequency range set to full 20kHz, the rev time to 1.6 sec and the size to I think 18 meters, no early reflection. That makes for that wonderful reverb tail, thought the PC3 can now do some of that too, actually with pleasing sound. That hasn't been my target yet, but comes with the correction settings. The Lexicon required no pre or post processing to behave as nice, so it must have been pleased with the digital sound elements, or low level of digital sound related errors.

T