Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Music to Drive People Crazy - I'm Not Making This Up!

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/florida-city-playing-baby-shark-raining-tacos-loop-drive-homeless-n1030971

We've all heard about the healing power of music...well, let's take a look at the flip side. Yes, a town in Florida has started playing the "Baby Shark" song and "It's Raining Tacos" to drive the homeless out of a public place. This is either clever, or truly diabolical. Or both.

Which got me thinking...what would be YOUR choice for a song so annoying it would cause people to flee in horror after hearing it for the 100th time at top volume?

I nominate "Barbie Girl" by Aqua.

[video:youtube]

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

ANYTHING with Alvin and the Chipmunks.

No - I'm not gonna post a link. Some of the audio might sneak out and assault my ears.

Howard Grand|Hamm SK1-73|Kurz PC2|PC2X|PC3|PC3X|PC361; QSC K10's

HP DAW|Epi Les Paul & LP 5-str bass|iPad mini2

"Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen."

Jim

The Shaggs' album Philosophy Of The World. Can clear a room in under four tracks.

Dr. Mike Metlay (PhD in nuclear physics, golly gosh) :D

Musician, Author, Editor, Educator, Impresario, Online Radio Guy, Cut-Rate Polymath, and Kindly Pedant

Editor-in-Chief, Bjooks ~ Author of SYNTH GEMS 1

clicky!:  more about me ~ my radio station (and my fam) ~ my local tribe ~ my day job ~ my bookmy music

Any one of a bazillion Internet meme songs could do this as well. I will not post links, but you can go to YouTube and listen to BadgersBadgersBadgers, the Nyan Cat theme, the He-Man version of "What's Up" by 4NonBlondes, Ekkosangen, and of course Trololo!

...what? Why, yes, I DO have a teenager living at home. How ever did you guess? (help me i am in hell)

Dr. Mike Metlay (PhD in nuclear physics, golly gosh) :D

Musician, Author, Editor, Educator, Impresario, Online Radio Guy, Cut-Rate Polymath, and Kindly Pedant

Editor-in-Chief, Bjooks ~ Author of SYNTH GEMS 1

clicky!:  more about me ~ my radio station (and my fam) ~ my local tribe ~ my day job ~ my bookmy music