Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Your Top VSTs

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Piano's:

- main piano :sforzando with my Yamaha CVP607 sampled via autosampler on 4 layers

- upright: sforzando with KawaiStereoGrand sf2 (low-part is useless, but has great sound in the mix, i use is for bohemian raps. noise removed with audacity)

Epianos:

- Rhodes: Mainstage

- Wurly: ep200 soundfont in sforzando

Organs:

- vb3-ii

Synths:

- Mainstage synths

- Some specific signature synths sounds sampled from soft- and hardware synths and converted for sforzando:

Brass:

- sforsando with sampled brass from my yamaha CVP607 (Tyros alike stuff)

Using only Mainstage synths, sforsando and VB3 makes it very stable. Had issues with several softsynths, I sampled needed sounds and removed the synths.

Nord Piano 5-73, Nord Stage 3
Author of QSheets: The fastest lead sheet viewer in the world that also plays Audio Files and send Program Changes!
https://qsheets.eriknie.synology.me/

Pianos - Acousticsamples KAWAI-EX PRO

Electric Pianos - Scarbee rhodes & wurlitzer, EZkeys Electric Grand

Organs - GSi VB3-II

Synths - Arturia Prophet V2, Psychic Modulation Phonec

[align:right]##

##[/align]

Pianos: Addictive Keys Studio Grand, Electric Grand

Electric Pianos: Addictive Keys Mark One

Organs: Blue 3 v2

Synths: Halion Sonic, Diva, Jup-8V, Matrix-12V, Prophet-V, Mini-V

Gear:

Hardware: Nord Stage3, Korg Kronos 2, Novation Summit

Software: Cantabile 3, Halion Sonic 3 and assorted VST plug-ins.

Pianos: Garritan cfx lite (upgraded from Addictive Keys, which was an upgrade from Logic Pro's pianos!), NI Komplete pianos (Gentleman, Grandeur etc) I haven't used these much yet. I really like the Una Corda piano-like instrument though.

EP: Got the Scarbee 88 on sale, it's a big improvement over Logic's EP that I was using.

Organ: Still using the logic pro organ, I perhaps don't know what I'm missing but it sounds pretty good to me :)

Synths: too many...I haven't really even put Alchemy through its paces. I get sucked in by sales....Repro, Diva I got on a rare u-he sale and I really love them. I have a bunch of "magware" synths I got from Computer Magazine (thorn is a favorite). Now I have the NI synths with Komplete, including FM8, Monark, Reaktor and Kontakt among others so there's no logical reason for me to be looking around at this point....need to be making music! If there's anything "missing" it would be specialized Kontakt libraries for things like drums, voices, guitars etc.

I self-limit selection quite a bit on plugins because I like simple non-ilok copy protection (as a non-pro I don't want to mess with copy protection that hassles me). Fortunately there's still plenty of stuff out there.

Piano:

The Gentleman, Alicia"s Keys, Una Corda, Addictive Keys Studio Grand

Electric Pianos:

Soniccouture Canterbury Suitcase & EP Deconstructed

Scarbee EP88

Purgatory Creek Mk 1

Soniccouture Broken Wurly

Purgatory Creek 140b

Neo Soul Keys Wurly

Soniccouture Clav

Purgatory Creek Clav

Organ: I have Scarbee, Arturia and Logic and they are all about the same quality to me

Synths:

Massive X

Lots of Reaktor stuff

Arturia V Collection - Prophet, Buchla Easel, Jupiter 8, Etc.

Razor

I"m big on Addictive Drums and Battery as well.

Yamaha U1 Upright, Roland Fantom 8, Nord Stage 4 HA73, Nord Wave 2, Korg Nautilus 73, Viscount Legend Live, Lots of Mainstage/VST Libraries

Synths:

Sculpture, Alchemy, ES2 and RetroSynth in Logic Pro/MainStage

AAS Chromaphone 2

Digital Suburban Dexed

Physical Audio PA3 Derailer

Piano:

Pianoteq Stage with Bluethner Cinematic Preset

Organ - B5, have VB3 and Logic Vintage organ but prefer B5.

Pianos - Pianoteq YC5 for rock, Steinway and others for ballads.

EP's - Pianoteq, Lounge Lizard, AAS and Logic, depending on what sounds best in the mix for that song.

Synths - Many but often use Sylenth 1, fat bass and many good presets to use as a starter, Synthmaster, Diva, Repro, Alchemy and Logic synths.

A misguided plumber attempting to entertain | MainStage 3 | Axiom 61 2nd Gen | Pianoteq | B5 | XK3c | EV ZLX 12P

Pianos: 4Front Piano Module or M1 Legacy Collection.

Organ: Combo Model V/F and various freeware Hammond and CX3 emulations, as well as M1 Legacy.

EP: Dexed.

Synths: too many to name, but usually Synth1, TyrellN6, Dexed, SQ8L, PG8X, and MonoPoly Legacy.

Yamaha MX49, Casio SK1/WK-7600, Korg Minilogue, Alesis SR-16, Casio CT-X3000, FL Studio, many VSTs, percussion, woodwinds, strings, and sound effects.

Here's what I have currently, the first bold one is what I use most...

Pianos:

Ravenscroft 275, *Pianoteq, The Giant

Electric Pianos:

MainStage EPs

Organs:

MainStage's Vintage B3

Synths:

Spectrasonic's Omnisphere, Arturia's Analog Lab4, Air Music Tech's Hybrid 3 and Vacuum Pro (I caught the Air Music Tech plugins on sale for a buck each some time ago)

*** Pianoteq's U4 Upright Piano is currently discounted $20 off at Sweetwater and Pianoteq's website is offering a 30% discount on their instrument packs thru July!!! ***

MainStage; Hammond SK1-73; Roland XP-80, JV-90, JV-1080, JV-1010, AX-1; Korg microSAMPLER;

Boss DR-880; Beat Buddy; Neo Instruments Ventilator; TC Electronic ND-1 Nova Delay

AP: Pteq

EP: Pteq

Organ: B5

Synth: Arturia Minimoog, OPX Pro II

Triton Extreme 76, Kawai ES3, GEM-RPX, HX3/Drawbar control, MSI Z97

MPower/4790K, Lynx Aurora 8/MADI/AES16e, OP-X PRO, Ptec, Komplete.

Ashley MX-206. future MOTU M64 RME Digiface Dante for Mon./net

Piano

Upright: NI The Gentleman

Concert grand: Garritan CFX

Organ

Arturia's Vox Continental

VB3 Hammond + IK Multimedia's Leslie

EP

Arturia Rhodes

Synth

U-he Repro 1 and 5

Arturia Mini-V and Modular

Trumpet player by trade, but fell in love with keys too.

I'm feeling increasingly piano-poor and eyeballing the Pianoteq world more seriously than anything else. I like the random items I do have, such as the Yamaha from Logic's base library, but yeah, an upgrade seems imminent. Its been a bit less of a priority because I'm not aiming for Rachmaninoff status.

Organs are semi-easy. Logic's VB3 delivers a lot with just a bit of effecting, especially if I want to play the drawbars. I'm not a candidate for a Hauptwerk pipe organ plug, but I'm covered up with great pipe organ samples and building a lot of the best voices is E-Z with synth resources.

EP comes from Logic, E-mu Planet Phatt, E-mu Vintage Keys and a mass of secondary variations in synth libraries. I'm not enough of a purist to feel the need for a dedicated plug. Pianoteq offers some EP action, as another option.

Synths... I cheat by having Logic's EXS24 bursting with two sampled Tritons, Puremagnetik bits, several E-mu Proteus sets (Virtuoso, XL-1, etc.) and freeware oddities. More pure software side: Legacy Wavestation & Monopoly, G-Media M-Tron Pro, AAS Chromaphone 2 and Strum. The Triton side sports 3rd party libraries I bought and Autosampled, so that's quite a pile on its own. Alchemy is one of the leading competitors for the title "Nessie of All Synths." I drool over a new synth here and there, but I usually go back to Alchemy's four oscillators and roll part of my own. Dropping a big Korg Combi into one or two of the slots is like inviting Godzilla to tea. :rawk:

"I want to be an intellectual, but I don't have the brainpower.
  The absent-mindedness, I've got that licked."
        ~ John Cleese

OK, I'll play

AP's NI's Definative Piano collection, whichever one I'm in the mood for ; Pianoteq close second, also many to choose from

EP's Scarbee Wurlitzer and Rhodes

Organs Only using hardware at the moment, would use VB3 if I needed an organ VST

Synths Everything from GForce MiniMonsta, Oddity, ImpOscar II, VSM, M-Tron Pro

Clavinet Only using hardware at the moment, would use Sonic Couiture Clav if I needed a Clavinet VST (I have more than several others, unusable to me)

that's all :)

:nopity: