Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

OT: Amazon Prime Days

Its July 15 & 16. I just spend a few hours looking for any really good deals. I found none. Nothing good in musical instruments. Maybe $1.20 off of a mic cable. Really lame sales. Best I saw was an Oral-B electric toothbrush (do we really need Bluetooth on these things?) for $47 instead of $90+, and a UPS for $30 off, but only 850VA. But Costcos regular price for the Oral-B is $99 for a two-pack, and they are always putting them on sale for less. Disappointed.

The fact there's a Highway To Hell and only a Stairway To Heaven says a lot about anticipated traffic numbers

People only say "It's a free country" when they're doing something shitty-Demetri Martin

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I had my own Amazon store , full time for 8 years[ 2007-2015. Past 3 years its a hobby or a side hustle.

Anyway, Prime Day is buyer beware day . The Amazon direct SKUS had a few deals here and there. But retailers mostly

match the Amazon promotion.

There is a dark side. My wife had a $20 item sitting in her shopping cart. The price went up to $40 for Prime day.

This is not unusual. You have to expect capitalism to do its thing.

Why fit in, when you were born to stand out ?

My Soundcloud with many originals:

[70's Songwriter]

The Prime Days are almost a non-event - for me anyway. As an Amazon seller, I don't participate.

However, I do invest in AmazonAdvertising and it is a strong sales engine. Adwords and Product Display Ads yield big results. My consultancy has quadrupled textbook sales in two years. Amazon gets a disproportionate amount of people looking to buy something rather than folks who browse and looking around.

Steve Coscia

Hey Steve, small Amazon world. Other than seasonal toys, education, Non fiction books were 60% of my sales mix.

I am no competition these days, having retired +3 yrs ago. I play a little these days but its for gas money and coffee.

Why fit in, when you were born to stand out ?

My Soundcloud with many originals:

[70's Songwriter]

I was just listening to a report on the news radio about how Amazon's rate of new Prime subscriptions is declining and this is an effort to get more new Prime subscriptions. I made a cursory look for deals and saw nothing.
These are only my opinions, not supported by any actual knowledge, experience, or expertise.

Alot of the stuff is electronics, smart speakers, watches, lights, etc. Good deal on those- check out CNET.com, they highlight specials within various categories.

Numa Piano X73 /// Kawai ES920 /// Casio CT-X5000 /// Yamaha EW425

Yamaha Melodica and Alto Recorder

QSC K8.2 // JBL Eon One Compact // Soundcore Motion Boom Plus 

Win10 laptop i7 8GB // iPad Pro 9.7" 32GB

Hey Steve, small Amazon world. Other than seasonal toys, education, Non fiction books were 60% of my sales mix.

I am no competition these days, having retired +3 yrs ago. I play a little these days but its for gas money and coffee.

My career is slowing down too (I'm 65) and I'm investing effort building passive revenue streams to supplement retirement income. Hence the AmazonAdvertising experimentation. The only keyboard playing I do these days are in hospice facilities (volunteer jazz piano) when I am in town.

Steve Coscia

I was just listening to a report on the news radio about how Amazon's rate of new Prime subscriptions is declining and this is an effort to get more new Prime subscriptions. I made a cursory look for deals and saw nothing.

Im new to Amazon Prime, joining for the first time a few months ago. The streaming video service hasnt wowed me too much, as Netflix and Hulu have a lot covered. But I was pleasantly surprised to find out that theres a lot of free audio streaming, too. I didnt buy the Kate Bush CD 50 Words For Snow but find that I can stream it for free!

The fact there's a Highway To Hell and only a Stairway To Heaven says a lot about anticipated traffic numbers

People only say "It's a free country" when they're doing something shitty-Demetri Martin

Bought a manual coffee grinder and InstantPot. That's pretty much it. Some of it will go to Noah's Ark animal sanctuary via the Amazon Smile program.

There are indeed tons of music downloadable/streamable for free on Amazon Prime. Downloaded stuff by Charlie Parker, The Meters, Cornelius, Earth Wind & Fire, etc.