Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Los Angeles Music Stores

I'll be traveling to LA later this summer and I was wondering if anyone could help me out with a recommendation for music stores that have a full assortment of higher-end keyboards available for a "test drive"?

Thanks in advance.

Yamaha Montage M6, Nord Stage 4 - 88, Hammond SK-Pro 73, Yamaha YC-73, Mainstage, Yamaha U1 Upright

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

To give you some names, in case you wanted to call them in advance for more info.

Perfect Circuit, Pro Audio LA, Westlake Pro, Vintage King LA....and then of course you have all those chain SamAsh, GuitarCenter...etc.

www.youtube.com/c/InTheMixReviews

L.A. is a weird place for gear unless a guitarist. There are stores, but most are focused on pro audio and being most their customers are the studios they don't have much of storefronts to display gear. Back in the 70s'-80's there was lot of small and medium size music stores, but most are gone and the big chains are what's left or the stores that mainly deal with the studios. I'd say make a list of what you want to check out and hit the manufacturer websites to see who is their dealer in L.A.

Thanks, that's helpful. We're also spending a few days in San Francisco, so if there's good options there, please let me know.

Yamaha Montage M6, Nord Stage 4 - 88, Hammond SK-Pro 73, Yamaha YC-73, Mainstage, Yamaha U1 Upright

If you do go to Guitar Center and Sam Ash, make sure you go to the flagship stores of each on Sunset in Hollywood. They're across the street from each other, and you're more likely to see a decent selection of keyboards at those specific stores.

If you do go to Guitar Center and Sam Ash, make sure you go to the flagship stores of each on Sunset in Hollywood. They're across the street from each other, and you're more likely to see a decent selection of keyboards at those specific stores.
Sadly, arguably better than anything else in town. :(

West LA and Goodman's used to rock for keys, but both are long gone.

dB

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

I'll be traveling to LA later this summer and I was wondering if anyone could help me out with a recommendation for music stores that have a full assortment of higher-end keyboards available for a "test drive"?

LA? NAMM

Full assortment? NAMM

Higher-end? NAMM

Test drive? NAMM

Should had come during winter when NAMM is in town. Most music stores are a joke anymore for new keyboards. Even if they land a used vintage synth, they put it right on ebay.

Sadly, arguably better than anything else in town. :(

West LA and Goodman's used to rock for keys, but both are long gone.

dB

(Sigh)

Goodman Music in the very early 80's, before they expanded and only had the one store on Lankershim, was keyboard nirvana. It was better than Disneyland....