Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Any keyboardists from the Tucson area?

I played keys on an album for a progrock band (lower key stuff like Floyd and Steven Wilson, not metal) who have since relocated to Tucson, AZ. They're desperately looking for a keyboardist to play my parts live, and possibly continue on with the band. But they've had no luck. I guess it's slim pickins in that scene. Just wondering if any of you fine people are nearby and might be interested.

Puck Funk! :)

Equipment: Laptop running lots of nerdy software, some keyboards, noise makersâ¦yada yada yadaâ¦maybe a cat?

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Tony could certainly handle the gig, but if he is not interested/available he might know someone who is. His username here is "Tonysounds" in case you would like to shoot him a PM.

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing."

- George Bernard Shaw

Ten years ago I had business in Tucson and would be there for several weeks two or three times a year. I would go online to check out the music scene and there seemed to be a lot happening through the music dept at the University of Arizona so check there. The university district is near downtown. Also, the music stores usually have a bulletin board with people looking for players plus the staff are usually players who know what's happening locally. One local issue is the economy never fully recovered from the 2008 downturn and then the F35 was supposed to based at Davis Monthan AFB but that didn't happen. Tucson is heavily dependent on the base.

Bob

Hammond SK1, Mojo 61, Kurzweil PC3, Korg Pa3x, Roland FA06, Band in a Box, Real Band, Studio One, too much stuff...

From Tucson...but I live in Phoenix now. Otherwise it would be right up my alley. I do lots of old school prog in other bands and love Steven Wilson. I'm a pretty fair guitar player too. But the previous post was right; it's amazing how few of us there are. You got to be pretty good to play prog, and the really good guys who play for the rent money ain't got time for that stuff.

You want me to start this song too slow or too fast?

Forte7, Nord Stage 3, XK3c, OB-6, Arturia Collection, Mainstage, MotionSound KBR3D. A bunch of MusicMan Guitars, Line6 stuff