Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

OT: Most Hysterical Movie of All Time

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I remember watching the original TV episode of Police Squad! and laughing hysterically at the ending freeze frame as the credits rolled. Brilliant.

I guess if hysterical is the benchmark in this thread (and if television is allowed) I submit all six episodes of Pollice Squad! In Color.

I saw those back in the day, too. Of course I jumped on it knowing it was the same guys as did Airplane! It was always said the reason the TV version flopped (it came before the movies for those that don't know) was that you had to watch it. Most of the jokes were visual, if you just listened to the dialog it just sounded like some cops talking. "Al, you have something in the corner of your mouth." :roll:

And my apologies, I forgot the films were called "The Naked Gun." It's been a minute.

Mel Brooks "High Anxiety"

I've long wanted to learn and cover the song of the same name he performs. :D

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

The Jerk

and all episodes of Fawlty Towers

Good you implied Steve Martin, a comedic genius IMO.

Here is more detail on the influence of the great Peter Sellers:

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/the-cult-of-peter-sellers-why-comedys-biggest-stars-103223838382.html

The Cult of Peter Sellers: Why Comedy's Biggest Stars Are Fans of the Late British Actor

Sellers, best known for his Oscar-nominated performance as the titular character in Stanley Kubricks Dr Strangelove, and for creating the character of Inspector Clouseau in the Pink Panther films. Almost every big comedy name since the 1960s has credited him as an influence. Michael Palin of Monty Python once described seeing him for the first time as being like hearing Elvis Presley do Heartbreak Hotel for the first time.

Steve Martin has related how Sellers inspired him to keep going after the hostile reviews of his first starring role, The Jerk (now considered a comedy classic), while Mike Myers described himself as a devotee of the actor. Jim Carrey impersonated him at the Oscars and called him one of my favorites, while Robin Williams considered Sellers the most influential actor on his career.

Why fit in, when you were born to stand out ?

My Soundcloud with many originals:

[70's Songwriter]

While not in the category of hysterical, if you havent seen Being There, its worth the time. Peter Sellers was brilliant. Ive read that after he read the original book by Jerzy Kozonski, Sellers so identified with the main character, he wrote letters to the author signed Chance, the gardner. When Kozinski was approached about making a movie based on his novel, he himself wrote the screenplay with Peter Sellers in mind playing Chance. Selllers has been quoted as saying I am Chance. There is no me, only the characters I play.
I would like to apologize to anyone I have not yet offended. Please be patient and I will get to you shortly.

While not in the category of hysterical, if you havent seen Being There, its worth the time. Peter Sellers was brilliant. Ive read that after he read the original book by Jerzy Kozonski, Sellers so identified with the main character, he wrote letters to the author signed Chance, the gardner. When Kozinski was approached about making a movie based on his novel, he himself wrote the screenplay with Peter Sellers in mind playing Chance. Selllers has been quoted as saying I am Chance. There is no me, only the characters I play.

I have seen all Peter Sellers movies. I don't mind going back in time [1979], to see a great performance. I will look for Being There.

Currently on a Morgan Freeman binge. I watched " Along Comes a Spider " [from 2001] last night.

I know , nothing related to comedy.

I admire great actors.

Why fit in, when you were born to stand out ?

My Soundcloud with many originals:

[70's Songwriter]

I remember my brother renting this movie back in the day. Didn't do it for me.

Not to mention that we're missing all the other most hysterical movies of all time from other languages... (Astérix et Obélix: Mission Cléopatre, Le dîner des cons, etc)

Looks like a fun movie to watch! I've seen the original Three Men and a Baby (Trois hommes et un couffin) - way funnier than the American remake btw - and Les Visiteurs (Jean Reno as a medieval knight transported to modern times). Could use more French comedies in my life

[video:youtube]