Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Ultimate Support Apex One Stand #2998478 07/13/19 10:28 PM
E
Electro Fan Offline OP
OP Offline
E
Any new updates as to when this new Ultimate Support update to the Apex 48 will be available? Also, has anyone seen one in person with a keyboard on the top tier with the 10 degree downward tilt? I can not see how a keyboard would not slide off? Maybe they are redesigning the arms for this version?

Nord Stage 3 Compact, Korg Kronos 61, Casio PX-5S, Yamaha DXR 10 (2)), Neo Vent, Yamaha MG82cx mixer and too many stands to name.
KC Island
Re: Ultimate Support Apex One Stand [Re: Electro Fan] #2998524 07/14/19 02:51 PM
M
MotiDave Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member
MP Hall of Fame Member
M
First time I heard of this, its on Ultimates web page.

Side Q: they show the AX-48 tote bag as accy for it. My AX-48 tote bag is starting to get wear holes in the ends, anyone ever found a great aftermarket bag for AX-48 that is more durable?

The baiting I do is purely for entertainment value. Please feel free to ignore it.
Re: Ultimate Support Apex One Stand [Re: Electro Fan] #2998527 07/14/19 03:02 PM
E
Electro Fan Offline OP
OP Offline
E
I stumbled on it by accident after seeing a link for the pedalboard accessory that was designed to work with this new stand. I thought at first it was designed to work with my Apex 48.

With regard to an alternative to the ultimate support gig bag, I never was able to find anything. I did try using an old golf bag case I picked up at a yard sale. Had to make a cut in the bottom of the plastic case. It did help to keep it safer in the band trailer, but ended up being a bigger pain to sack around, so I gave up on protecting the column from scratches.

Nord Stage 3 Compact, Korg Kronos 61, Casio PX-5S, Yamaha DXR 10 (2)), Neo Vent, Yamaha MG82cx mixer and too many stands to name.
Re: Ultimate Support Apex One Stand [Re: Electro Fan] #2998553 07/14/19 07:27 PM
J. Dead Offline
Bannination Free Since '08
10k Club
Bannination Free Since '08
10k Club
Scratches add character

Dan

Acoustic/Electric stringed instruments ranging from 4 to 230 strings, hammered, picked, fingered, slapped, and plucked. Analog and Digital Electronic instruments, reeds, and throat/mouth.
Re: Ultimate Support Apex One Stand [Re: Electro Fan] #2998554 07/14/19 07:35 PM
M
MotiDave Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member
MP Hall of Fame Member
M
I don’t care that much about scratches either. Something more padded so when i sling it around it doesn’t damage its environment (such as my car) would not be a bad thing. Hardly near the top of my life worry list lol. i don’t want a giant body bag for just a kbd stand. Ive had this bag for maybe 2 yrs, it will make another 1 or 2 with a few small holes in the end which I wouldn’t otherwise really care about.

the thing I am more annoyed about is it has a small side pocket for the mic boom attachment so its not rattling around in the main stand pocket. But if you screw a mic clip on it - the pocket is just “that” much too short to fit the boom. Like maybe an inch or less. So I have to unscrew the clip from the boom each gig, screw it back on for the next. talk about epic design miss, its not that i have some giant deluxe mic clip attachment, its pretty much the smallest cheapest simplest version there is.

The baiting I do is purely for entertainment value. Please feel free to ignore it.
Re: Ultimate Support Apex One Stand [Re: Electro Fan] #2998652 07/15/19 03:46 PM
E
Electro Fan Offline OP
OP Offline
E
Contacted customer service at Ultimate Support. Looks like the expect the Apex One stand to be available in October.

Bill

Moderated by  Grave Bryce, Stephen Fortner