Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Have You Ever Been Outbidden for a Piano?

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I get out bidded a lot, but it's because I have a price I want and know eventually I will win at that price or better. It's all about patience.

What is funny is to see people in a bidding frenzy driving up the price, then I look there are two other auction for same thing ending a day or two later. I wait the day and usually get same item for less than the bidding frenzy people paid.

In general I avoid eBay these days unless for some parts or add-on and usually just do the "buy it now" and no bidding hassle. For instruments I go to Reverb because they are a part of a music store. Sometimes I can shop the store and they will send me to Reverb to "make an offer" and I get good price that way. For you here that will be tough because the store is mainly a guitar store.

Most annoying was buying my CP70, which was located 15 miles away.

Some a-hole in Spain - who had no intention of collecting - bid me up from a bargain to a questionable - p'd me off no end!

Yamaha CP70B;Roland XP30/AXSynth/Fantom/FA76/XR;Hammond XK3C SK2; Korg Kronos 73;ProSoloist Rack+; ARP ProSoloist; Mellotron M4000D; GEM Promega2; Hohner Pianet N, Roland V-Grand,Voyager XL, RMI

I happened to find out about one that was local with EBay, but negotiated directly with the church that had the piano. They had also run information on some local media, so I could have found out that way. Don't think I'd do it without being able to see it, play it, and contact tuner for his opinion of it.

Howard Grand|Hamm SK1-73|Kurz PC2|PC2X|PC3|PC3X|PC361; QSC K10's

HP DAW|Epi Les Paul & LP 5-str bass|iPad mini2

"Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen."

Jim

It might not be Ebay, but might as well be... I found my Kawai RX-7 from a Dave Ferris post right here in this forum. I called the technician representing the piano, flew to LA the next day, played the instrument and made a decision on the spot, and then flew home to await delivery a week later... Sometimes the lead source isn't nearly as important as the outcome....

Ebay. My favorite store. In the last two months I bought two Kurzweil PC3A8's. One was listed as "needs repair or for parts" in an auction format and the other was listed "for parts, not working" in a buy it now. So I decided the risk was worth the price and bought them both. Both were new units damaged in shipping. The first one worked right out of the box but needed a pitch wheel pot. The second one wasn't working right until I did a hard reset and it's worked perfectly ever since. So now I'm learning to build my sounds on my PC3a at home and transfer my files to the one I left at church. ~BOB
I'm practicing so that people can maybe go "wow" at an imaginary gig I'll never play. -Nadroj