Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Are You Ready for $1,200 Fender Ear Buds?

Fender is pushing their headphones...with Gibson presumably out of the headphone market, they pretty much have guitar-maker-makes-headphones market cornered :) Of course, Marshall amps makes headphones too.

I wonder how it's going for them...anyone used Fender or Marshall headphones? Are they any good?

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They sell Marshall headphones at Macy's during the holidays, at least in Chicago. I had a chance to give them a good listen. They are typical Chinese factory headphones. Plenty loud, hyped bass response, fine for casual listening. I actually preferred the other headphones that they were selling adjacently that had little light up cat ears on the headpiece.

"For instance" is not proof.

I assume the market is a bit more "consumer listening" as opposed to what I use IEM's for which is live monitoring. Can't imagine spending that kind of money unless they were custom molded, tour tested, etc. and even then, can't imagine they would warrant 8 times the price I paid for the ones I currently use and am happy with.

Dan

Acoustic/Electric stringed instruments ranging from 4 to 230 strings, hammered, picked, fingered, slapped, and plucked. Analog and Digital Electronic instruments, reeds, and throat/mouth.

I assume the market is a bit more "consumer listening" as opposed to what I use IEM's for which is live monitoring. Can't imagine spending that kind of money unless they were custom molded, tour tested, etc. and even then, can't imagine they would warrant 8 times the price I paid for the ones I currently use and am happy with.

You're not willing to pay $100 for earphones and $1,000 for a logo? What's wrong with you?

LOL. I WILL say that the thermoplastic tips sound intriguing, because after a 4 hour gig, my ear canals can start to feel a bit sore. But that's probably just because I don't play as much anymore. When I wore them every single Friday and Saturday night, I don't recall them getting sore like they do now.

Dan

Acoustic/Electric stringed instruments ranging from 4 to 230 strings, hammered, picked, fingered, slapped, and plucked. Analog and Digital Electronic instruments, reeds, and throat/mouth.

Who in their right mind would pay $1,200 for earbuds??

Personally, I wouldn't pay a dollar for earbuds, but some people can't live very long without them. The Shure KSE1500 is an electrostatic earbud system that costs $2500, so these Fender earbuds are just a drop in the bucket.

Who in their right mind would pay $1,200 for earbuds??

Personally, I wouldn't pay a dollar for earbuds, but some people can't live very long without them. The Shure KSE1500 is an electrostatic earbud system that costs $2500, so these Fender earbuds are just a drop in the bucket.

The world's gone mad