Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

How much would a Kurzweil K1200 rack version go for?

Does anyone know how much a Kurzweil K1200 rack would go for 2nd hand? Does anyone here have any experience / opinions of this rack?

I may be coming into possession of one soon and am thinking of keeping or selling it but have absolutely no idea how much I should put it on ebay for as I can't find much info online about their 2nd hand cost.

Does anyone have any advice or info about it? Many thanks for any help!

edit - Please note that I am not looking to sell here. Just looking for pricing help and info / opinions. :)

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There is a keyboard version on Reverb right now for about $400.00. I loved the sounds on that whole series...Kurzweil got a lot of mileage out of that engine. I can't discern, though, whether my recollection is clouded by time.

If you put it on Reverb, it will indicate a range e based on previous sales.

"For instance" is not proof.

There is a keyboard version on Reverb right now for about $400.00. I loved the sounds on that whole series...Kurzweil got a lot of mileage out of that engine. I can't discern, though, whether my recollection is clouded by time.

If you put it on Reverb, it will indicate a range e based on previous sales.

Thank you. :)

The rack modules derived from the 1200 series are Pro I, Pro II, and Pro III. They're really good sounding boxes albeit lacking digital FX and filters. Don't pay over $400 for them.

If you want the famous piano and other bread-n-butter sounds, you want the Pro I.

Pro II is the orchestral sounds including the expansion soundblocks. Pro III has the soundblocks from the 1000GX Guitar Expander plus some of the orchestral soundblocks. Due to different sample rates, the soundblocks from the II and III are not in the keyboard model.

They are old enough that they will likely need the backup battery replaced. Quick job for a qualified tech.

• 2 weeks later...
The rack modules derived from the 1200 series are Pro I, Pro II, and Pro III. They're really good sounding boxes albeit lacking digital FX and filters. Don't pay over $400 for them.

If you want the famous piano and other bread-n-butter sounds, you want the Pro I.

Pro II is the orchestral sounds including the expansion soundblocks. Pro III has the soundblocks from the 1000GX Guitar Expander plus some of the orchestral soundblocks. Due to different sample rates, the soundblocks from the II and III are not in the keyboard model.

They are old enough that they will likely need the backup battery replaced. Quick job for a qualified tech.

Thank you so much for your help.