Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Women World Cup 2019

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, the best team won today. Congrats, USA.

It feels like Holland is doomed to forever be runner-up.

Agreed! USA was the better team. But im glad Holland was able to give the a good match! Congratulations to the USA!

Rudy

Great game!

This is the first time Ive watched the Womens World Cup and it was a blast. Im actually feeling it much more for womens soccer than mens right now. I might have to check out our local team

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

The winds of change coming to fruition.

All those parents signing up theyre daughters for rec league, traveling teams, HS and college programs over the last 20 years paying off. And with idols like these last 4 World Cup teams to look up to - its great to see.

[video:youtube]https://youtu.be/0XzeUJIJ7Pc

Yamaha CP88, Casio PX-560

I'm pretty excited about the potential future of this sport in the U.S. (finally!) I bet with all the kids who aren't going to be allowed to play (American) football, the U.S. might actually grow some true NBA centers again, and have more kids playing soccer.

It's funny, every kid plays soccer growing up in gym class, so I wonder why it often doesn't go further than that.

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

One thing I"ve heard about that is the lack of access for all when it comes to the higher end "academies" and the like. In Europe I've heard it's very different. Basketball, football, baseball, there are leagues with great coaching that anyone can play in, but with Soccer it is VERY expensive and exclusive...which leaves out a lot of kids.

Ironically, heading in soccer is also a big problem when it comes to concussions, to the point where my kids' league won't let kids under 13 head the ball. This is rec though.

Whatever the reason, hopefully we can grow the sport.