Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Radial KL-8 Keyboard Rack Mixer

Nursers - reading the user guide closely, it describes the cue working differently than you describe.

It implies that any input channel which is cued is removed from main AND monitor. Are you getting cued channels out the monitor output also?

The other thing the guide seems to imply is that if you cue any channel, that's ALL you hear in the headphone outputs. Is this true, or do all the un-cued channels come thru also?

Moe

---

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nursers - reading the user guide closely, it describes the cue working differently than you describe.

It implies that any input channel which is cued is removed from main AND monitor. Are you getting cued channels out the monitor output also?

The other thing the guide seems to imply is that if you cue any channel, that's ALL you hear in the headphone outputs. Is this true, or do all the un-cued channels come thru also?

Ok so that isis something different:

1. If you have something connected to the AUX receive port, it goes to the Monitor outs AND headphones if the switch on top of unit is set that way (otherwise it goes to all outputs). This is how I connect my IEMS to the headphone jack.

2. The cue function on each channel does exactly that - only provides to headphone output the audio from the cued channel.

:thu:

Swamp Industries mate - I had asked them right back in January so I think I was lucky to get one of the early orders :thu:

thx, awesome, they're literally a 5 minute drive from where I work, nice fellas.

Gig keys: Hammond SKpro, Korg Vox Continental, Crumar Mojo 61, Crumar Mojo Pedals

Swamp Industries mate - I had asked them right back in January so I think I was lucky to get one of the early orders :thu:

thx, awesome, they're literally a 5 minute drive from where I work, nice fellas.

I've not been there in person but yeah have always been impressed with service :)

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Hi KL-8 owners,

Any more feedback on the performance of this unit as an audio interface?

Also, I've got a laptop rig with a studio flyer 2U rack case, and I currently have an old focusrite audio interface and small mixer, neither of which are rack-mountable, and a bunch of velcro and duct tape.

I think the KL-8 would replace both of those and do a whole lot more. All I really need is A) mount into the rack case properly, B) send laptop output to PA, and C) easily fail over to my stage piano's output if anything goes wrong with the laptop during a gig.

Am I overlooking some less expensive solution? The KL-8 seems like the Rolls-Royce of keyboard mixers.

Thanks