Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Oh, that Wacky Craigslist

Encountered both of these listings for Richmond today:

First, an Allen organ, which looks identical to what I played in church in the late 1960s. Well, the pedals are different.

http://www.airnetworking.com/Pictures/Rondo.jpg

Next, an Elka polyphonic synth designed for accordionists who double. Apparently it was something of an arranger keyboard. Yes, really:

http://www.airnetworking.com/Pictures/Elka.jpg

-Tom Williams

{First Name} {at} AirNetworking {dot} com

PC4-7, PX-5S, AX-Edge, PC361

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh man, that Elka Concorde 811 looks like fun. I don't see many interesting things on CL up here in Nova, but there were TWO Mellotron 400s listed by different people at the same time a few years back. I thought the world might be ending...

Korg Kronos 61 (2); Kurzweil PC4, Roland Fantom-06, Casio PX-350M; 2015 Macbook Pro and 2012 Mac Mini (Logic Pro X and Mainstage), GigPerformer 4.

Didn't anyone notice the Allen pedals? You guys disappoint me!

I did. Looks like a straight pedalboard, or an older princess pedalboard. Full 32 but I hate the spacing (if it's a princess one).

Yamaha: Motif XF8, MODX7, YS200, CVP-305, CLP-130, YPG-235, PSR-295, PSS-470 | Roland: Fantom 7, JV-1000

Kurzweil: PC3-76, PC4 (88) | Hammond: SK Pro 73 | Korg: Triton LE 76, N1R, X5DR | Emu: Proteus/1 | Casio: CT-370 | Novation: Launchkey 37 MK3 | Technics: WSA1R

Former: Emu Proformance Plus & Mo'Phatt, Korg Krome 61, Roland Fantom XR & JV-1010, Yamaha MX61, Behringer CAT

Assorted electric & acoustic guitars and electric basses | Roland TD-17 KVX | Alesis SamplePad Pro | Assorted organs, accordions, other instruments

Didn't anyone notice the Allen pedals? You guys disappoint me!

I did. Looks like a straight pedalboard, or an older princess pedalboard. Full 32 but I hate the spacing (if it's a princess one).

That's one of those "right answer the teacher wasn't looking for" things.

Now go find the three E-Flat pedals.

-Tom Williams

Does anyone here think it might be fun to post the wackiest or even most rare local Craigslist postings they happen to see (keyboard-related, of course) in this thread and keep it going? Could be good for a few laughs and even some memories...

Here for the gear.

Well, alrighty then!

Screen-Shot-2019-07-04-at-7-39-55-PM.png

Screen-Shot-2019-07-04-at-7-51-19-PM.png

I remember that. Rippen was a Dutch piano maker, and that was their halo model. The soundboard and pinblock were still made of wood, obviously, just the frame and body were made of aluminium. I never played one, but remember the brochures around the house when my dad was piano shopping.

I looked up that Accordion organ, and they made several models, even BUTTON ACCORDION version. I can't find any information about these instruments, as the company was sold several times and eventually went out of business. But there's a video on YouTube of a guy playing on it! Fascinating concept, obviously INCREDIBLY niche, so not surprising it never sold:

[video:youtube]

Puck Funk! :)

Equipment: Laptop running lots of nerdy software, some keyboards, noise makersâ¦yada yada yadaâ¦maybe a cat?

Sold a stage piano on Gumtree (what Aussies tend to use instead of Craigslist, although we have that as well) a few years back. Full description and photos, the usual drill.

When the guy received it (at a real good price, I might add) I got all these spammy text messages about how it doesn't do this and it doesn't do that.

That's right mate, it's a stage piano not a ****ing Kronos. Next time - pick up only!

• 10 months later...

Reviving the Zombie...

Found this on CL near me. It seems to me it's only off by one decimal place. The ad calls it a 60 watt unit -- but that's the motor. Actually it's a single passive 10" (25 cm) speaker, which needs an amplifier to drive it.

Link as of May 30 2020

http://www.airnetworking.com/Pictures/Leslie16.jpg

-Tom Williams