Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Question for Stay Tower Stand Users

Hi,

Thinking about giving the Stay two tier Tower model keyboard stand a go. However I am wondering about the width of usable space between the front legs? Would my pedalboard that is 25.5 fit in that space? The lightweight and quick setup of this stand, plus it breaking down into a gig bag for transport, has me sold, but not sure if it would accommodate my pedalboard.

Nord Stage 3 Compact, Korg Kronos 61, Casio PX-5S, Yamaha DXR 10 (2)), Neo Vent, Yamaha MG82cx mixer and too many stands to name.

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My FCB1010 (which I use to run my band's lighting rig) is about 27" across, and fits just fine under the Tower stand. So your pedalboard should be okay.

Hardware

Yamaha MODX7, DX7, PSR-530, SY77/Korg TR-Rack, 01/W Pro X, Trinity Pro X, Karma/Ensoniq ESQ-1, VFX-SD

Behringer DeepMind12, Model D, Odyssey, 2600/Roland RD-1000/Arturia Keylab MKII 61

Software

Studio One/V Collection 9/Korg Collection 4/Cherry Audio/UVI SonicPass/EW Composer Cloud/Omnisphere, Stylus RMX, Trilian/IK Total Studio 3.5 MAX/Roland Cloud

Justin,

Thanks so much for responding. It sounds like my pedalboard shouldnt be an issue.

Curious if you play standing or seated? My Apex 48 I used seared, but it seems that that the Stay angles back ever more than the Apex 48.

Thanks again,

Bill

Nord Stage 3 Compact, Korg Kronos 61, Casio PX-5S, Yamaha DXR 10 (2)), Neo Vent, Yamaha MG82cx mixer and too many stands to name.

I use a couple of the Stay 3 tier stands and love them. My only concern when standing is the bottom board is a little low. I keep the 3 boards really close together and can't them them any higher. They are a Hammond SK1 on top, a Yamaha MX49 in the middle and a Yamaha S70XS on the bottom. I am 5'7 so not tall at all. The stand itself has held up very well.

The stand is very very light and quick to set up. Comes with a seemingly flimsy bag for transport, but surprising the bag has held up really well. I gig almost every weekend so it gets a lot of use. I have 2 Stay stands one setup for standing and one for sitting. Both fairly comfortable other than what I mentioned above. I also have an Apex but prefer the Stay stand by far for both sitting and standing. Never been a big fan of the Apex.

Montage 7, Mojo 61, PC-3, XK-3c Pro, Kronos 88, Hammond SK-1, Motif XF- 7, Hammond SK-2, Roland FR-1, FR-18, Hammond B3 - Blond, Hammond BV -Cherry

My big issue with the Apex vs. the Tower is the Apex is flat on the floor, so pedal placement is extremely limiting when sitting.

Hardware

Yamaha MODX7, DX7, PSR-530, SY77/Korg TR-Rack, 01/W Pro X, Trinity Pro X, Karma/Ensoniq ESQ-1, VFX-SD

Behringer DeepMind12, Model D, Odyssey, 2600/Roland RD-1000/Arturia Keylab MKII 61

Software

Studio One/V Collection 9/Korg Collection 4/Cherry Audio/UVI SonicPass/EW Composer Cloud/Omnisphere, Stylus RMX, Trilian/IK Total Studio 3.5 MAX/Roland Cloud

My big issue with the Apex vs. the Tower is the Apex is flat on the floor, so pedal placement is extremely limiting when sitting.

Justin,

I agree about the Apex and the issues with pedal placement. I did find a work around with a homeward pedal board that rested on the legs and had a cutout to fit around the column. My guitar player made this improvised pedalboard for me, but once I began using a larger, Gator pedalboard and case, the custom board was less appealing.

My big complaint against the Apex was how easy it was to topple over if I removed the wrong keyboard from the stand first. The other issue was one of the legs became lodged in the column when folded up. I had to loosen the screws that held the leg in place and reinsert. Had this been at my normal prison gig, I would have been out of luck, as no tools can be brought into the prison when we go.

I use a couple of the Stay 3 tier stands and love them. My only concern when standing is the bottom board is a little low. I keep the 3 boards really close together and can't them them any higher. They are a Hammond SK1 on top, a Yamaha MX49 in the middle and a Yamaha S70XS on the bottom. I am 5'7 so not tall at all. The stand itself has held up very well.

The stand is very very light and quick to set up. Comes with a seemingly flimsy bag for transport, but surprising the bag has held up really well. I gig almost every weekend so it gets a lot of use. I have 2 Stay stands one setup for standing and one for sitting. Both fairly comfortable other than what I mentioned above. I also have an Apex but prefer the Stay stand by far for both sitting and standing. Never been a big fan of the Apex.

KeyMoe,

Thanks for your feedback. It is great to hear that sitting with the Tower stand does not appear to be an issue. When I removed the angle adjustment piece on my Apex it became more stable, but placed the keyboards at such angle that sitting was not possible.

Another possibility is the Baby Spider Pro. A bit more expensive, esp with the accessories, but the 3rd tier can be positioned so the top of the hammer action keys are at a standard 26.5" inches. Room for pedal board too.

http://i.imgur.com/IZScw3K.jpg

I just bought the Stay Slim, single tier stand. Very impressive. It is sturdy and weighs only 6 lbs. Perfect for my PX-560. The Stay Slim specifications indicate a 22 lb. tier limit. The PX-560 weighs 26 lbs. I played the PX-560 for an hour on the Stay Slim with no issues.

Minimizing weight and bulk when schlepping gear to and from hospice piano gigs is the goal. The Slim stand achieves this.

Stay-Slim-Stand1.jpg

Steve Coscia

Follow up to the above post.

Maybe I am pushing the Stay Slim beyond its functionality. Just played some stride piano and noticed the left hand pounding did make the piano wobble side-to-side about 1/8 to 1/4 inch. This was throwing my left hand chord landing off. I'll keep playing and learning. I'd love to use it because of the 6 lb. weight.

Steve Coscia

• 2 weeks later...
Is there a way to remove or move the (apparent) "mic stand attachment" piece on the upper tier base of my brand new Stay 2-tier stand? I set it up yesterday and that piece got in the way of the Kronos I will be placing on the top tier. The only solution was for me to replace the rubber stop with the "lip" on them that holds the keyboard in place on the arms, with the provided alternate lip-less rubber stops, allowing me to slide the Kronos a little farther out on the arms, but that's obviously not ideal.

Rich Forman

Yamaha MOXF8, Korg Kronos 2-61, Roland Fantom X7, Ferrofish B4000+ organ module, Roland VR-09, EV ZLX12P, K&M Spider Pro stand,

Yamaha S80, Korg Trinity Plus

Well took the plunge and ordered the two tier Tower stand from MF yesterday. Had a 20% off 'welcome back' coupon, so that helped nudge me a bit. I hoping that my pedalboard, and in particular my expression pedal, will fit ok. I would be interested

Rich,

Will be interested to hear if you find a way to remove the mic adapter. I mainly will be using my NS3 compact as my top board, but also have a Kronos 61, so it might also have an issue with fitting.