Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Looking for rackmount module recs

See anything you want here?? PM me. It's all going on eBay soon.

Hey Steve, it's really hard to tell what's in that rack based on the photo you posted. I downloaded the photo and made it larger but still had trouble identifying most of the gear.

:nopity:

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's a track with CP70 from the Fantom XR throughout...................

[video:youtube]

Yamaha CP70B;Roland XP30/AXSynth/Fantom/FA76/XR;Hammond XK3C SK2; Korg Kronos 73;ProSoloist Rack+; ARP ProSoloist; Mellotron M4000D; GEM Promega2; Hohner Pianet N, Roland V-Grand,Voyager XL, RMI

Hi.

I am sometimes using this module:

http://www.v3sound.com/en/e-product-grand-piano-xxl.html

I have the first version of it (but same pianos)

You have to have a controller that can send cc-change to select sounds.

Used it in this little movie where I wrote a song for our municipality.

Sound: Vienna grand with pad

Thank you for sharing that video, the piano sounds really nice, along with your song/composition and playing. :2thu: I havent found a lot of demos of the V3 so your contribution is most welcome.

Does the unit contain any relatively bright piano patches? Ive yet to hear a demo that convinces me the V3 would work well in a live rock band.

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing."

- George Bernard Shaw

Hi.

Nice that you liked it. I am not singing here. It's an colleague in our municipality. (We wanted the voice not to be professional, but authentic).

I've recorded the track in studio with main sound from Yamaha cp300, but it was cold and did not suit the movie. So I got the tracks and recorded the piano part at home.

I can make some demos on the rock piano. I think the will cut in the mix.

[q

But I'm amazed that places like Sweetwater and Amazon are selling the Motif Rack XS as a new unit, when the Yamaha site says it is discontinued, and the unit was originally released over a decade ago.

I guess rackmount sound modules just aren't a thing anymore, huh? For me, it makes perfect sense, because I run my wireless mic (Countryman/Sennheiser) and guitar rig (Fractal Audio) directly into my rack. All I do is pop open the rack, plug in, and I'm good to go. So that is my hope with whatever unit I purchase. Plug the keyboard into the module in the rack, and be off and running.

If I can find something used that has the sounds I want at a good price point, that will make my day. What do you recommend, with these sounds, in the $500 price range you mentioned above?

They are selling it because it's still a current product to be sold as new. According to Yamaha the website is in error and the rack is in stock and is NOT discontinued. So buying the XS Rack new with a full one year warranty is an option for someone if needed.

Hey Steve, it's really hard to tell what's in that rack based on the photo you posted. I downloaded the photo and made it larger but still had trouble identifying most of the gear.

Sorry. I was worried about posting too large a pic. It's basically older stuff.

From top to bottom:

MOTU 828

MOTU MTP-AV Midi Timepiece

Yamaha MEP4 midi processor

Korg Triton Rack

Roland M-160 mixer (I also have a 480)

Wavestation SR

Wavestation SR

Roland Super JD (JD-990)

Yamaha TX802

Mid Atlantic drawer

Some kind of Furman Voltage Regulator

I also would go for a Roland Fantom or Yamaha motif rack. Both have a lot of sounds which might come handy in the future, and sound wise they are more than ok for live!

I agree on using a rack if you already have one with the mixer. You can pre-wire all audio, which I think is a big plus in terms of setting up and stability on the road. Only connect your midi and power cable to your board and you are ready to go.

Rudy

If you can find a used Integra 7 theyre very capable and have additional routings where you can use their internal effects on your Mixers AUX Sends & Returns or another module.

Magnus C350 + FMR RNP + Realistic Unisphere Mic

Didn't Ivory or a third party hardware company show a Ivory piano module at NAMM 2 or 3 years ago or was that just vaporware?

"It doesn't have to be difficult to be cool" - Mitch Towne

"A great musician can bring tears to your eyes!!!

So can a auto Mechanic." - Stokes Hunt

Hi.

I am sometimes using this module:

http://www.v3sound.com/en/e-product-grand-piano-xxl.html

I have the first version of it (but same pianos)

You have to have a controller that can send cc-change to select sounds.

Used it in this little movie where I wrote a song for our municipality.

Sound: Vienna grand with pad

Very nice! Thanks.

The fact there's a Highway To Hell and only a Stairway To Heaven says a lot about anticipated traffic numbers

People only say "It's a free country" when they're doing something shitty-Demetri Martin