Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

The Best of Nahre Sol

Jazz+

[video:youtube]

Find 660 of my jazz piano arrangements of standards for educational purposes and tutorials at www.Patreon.com/HarryLikas Harry was the Technical Editor of Mark Levine's "The Jazz Theory Book" and helped develop "The Jazz Piano Book."

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Find 660 of my jazz piano arrangements of standards for educational purposes and tutorials at www.Patreon.com/HarryLikas Harry was the Technical Editor of Mark Levine's "The Jazz Theory Book" and helped develop "The Jazz Piano Book."

• 9 months later...
Big fan of Nahre's videos always learn something. I like her video on classical musician learns.... funk, bossa and others. Then her videos where she starts reharming classical pieces. Also her videos with Adam Neely and David Bruce she's so open minded and not a classical snob.

Thanks for posting, fascinating treatments!

Numa Piano X73 /// Kawai ES920 /// Casio CT-X5000 /// Yamaha EW425

Yamaha Melodica and Alto Recorder

QSC K8.2 // JBL Eon One Compact // Soundcore Motion Boom Plus 

Win10 laptop i7 8GB // iPad Pro 9.7" 32GB

Big fan of Nahre's videos always learn something. I like her video on classical musician learns.... funk, bossa and others. Then her videos where she starts reharming classical pieces. Also her videos with Adam Neely and David Bruce she's so open minded and not a classical snob.

Yes. And now Im hooked on David Bruce as well.

Yamaha P515 & CK88, Pianoteq, Mainstage, iOS, assorted other stuff.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

This is my favorite to date:

I have studiously ignored "Rap" since inception (egged on by killjoy W. Marsalis), but in the last year, thanks to YT, I have a grasp of context and sub-genres and I find it much more interesting. This is really great exploration. Also, I never saw Nahre more relaxed.

I had to buy MPC1000 (circa 2003) for MIDI sequencing, and that also lead me to learn alot about sampling and making beats---which was not on my radar, but I'm very grateful to have stumbled on it.

Wynton is a God on trumpet and as a Jazz teacher, but when it comes to modern music, he is an old fart on a lawn with a hose. The politics of music you really can not make it up.

RT-3/U-121/Leslie 21H and 760/Saltarelle Nuage/MOXF6/MIDIhub, 

SL-880/Nektar T4/Numa Cx2/Deepmind12/Virus TI 61/SL61 mk2

Stylophone R8/Behringer RD-8/Proteus 1/MP-7/Zynthian 4

MPC1k/JV1010/Unitor 8/Model D & 2600/WX-5&7/VL70m/DMP-18 Pedals

Natal drums/congas etc & misc bowed/plucked/blown instruments.