Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Quiklok QLY-40 stand, anyone using?

Is anyone using this stand? Any testimonials?

My 2-tiered Z stand is rock stable but I was looking at it the other day at an outdoor gig from the audience's view and it is rather industrial/utilitarian looking. I really don't like the Ultimate support Apex type stands, although you see them rather often in use.

This Quiklok Y stand has a 2nd tier option and I thought from a purely aesthetics viewpoint, it would be better?? But I don't know how it acts in use. Some have said it doesn't go low enough for some to sit and play, but I stand...

aclk?sa=L&ai=DChcSEwiUyqCu-JbjAhXq_-MHHf60DqoYABALGgJ5bQ&ohost=www.google.com&cid=CAESEeD23gHUsn90KlhLAuSOxNcm&sig=AOD64_0kf9UKgUrjo9NHz4YVixX12NQimw&ctype=5&q=&ved=0ahUKEwjL6JWu-JbjAhVFTd8KHfoqDC8Q9aACCOEB&adurl=

Kurzweil Forte 7, Mojo 61, Yamaha P-125,

Kronos X61, Nautilus 73

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It has been a few years but the last Quiklok stand I bought had issues. It came with two cracked plastic parts and the dealer said they have had a lot of quality issues in recent years. I returned it and have since bought a couple of OnStage stands that I have been happy with.

This post edited for speling.

My Sweetwater Gear Exchange Page

Don't spend money on another stand. Try dressing up the Z. It doesn't cost much for a velcro table skirt or you could even make something. Buy an old used room divider, cut it down, and have someone paint a cool mural on it. No need for a new stand.