Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

CME Xkey USB keyboard

I had been on the lookout for a compact key controller for travel with my MacBook Pro - nothing fancy like my MIDIBoard. While at Sweetwater's Gearfest last weekend I bought the 37 note CME Xkey USB controller. This is a handy little controller - true plug and play!! Not minikeys - they aren't full length keys, but the spacing between keys is the same as a full size keyboard. As a lifetime piano player, I had no trouble adjusting despite its shallow key depth.

I also bought the optional carrying case. I have some business travel coming up and this will be perfect to make music away from my studio.

To test the latency I played the Clavinet sounds from Logic Pro and never noticed any latency at all.

I only wish I knew about the bluetooth Xkey Air, but I don't own an iPad and I have no intention of using my iPhone for music playback.

CME Xkey

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I love that CME Xkey. Got two 25s, one 37, and the doubling-up carrying case.

Cheeky little devils. Well built, Mac-style looks, and very handy indeed.

Theres a Bluetooth version as well, but decided for the usb-versions.

Talked about many times on the forum.

copy paste the line below into your url window

site:forums.musicplayer.com cme xkey

Well aware of that, and had already done it.

I can get slammed on for resurrecting a zombie thread or use the search, noob. Lighten up.

No tight feelings here. Sometimes intent doesnt come across in text. Just remembered the Xkey has come up a lot and not too long ago when it got revd.

:cheers:

I have the first one. Love it for messing with iPad synths and for note entry on Sibelius.

Takes up very little desk space. Aesthetically a great pair with Apple QWERTY keyboards. Enjoy!

Yamaha CP88, Casio PX-560

I was at Gearfest on the hunt for the same for my Mac Pro. Saw the Akai they were blowing out for $50, but couldn't do the mini keys. I'll look at the CME. Would love to have DAW transport control and 8 faders - 9 would be even better!
XK5 - PC3K8 - Ventilator - a pair of QSC K8.2s - Mackie 802-VLZ3

When I tried the XKey a few years ago the aftertouch was pretty much all on or all off. Did they fix that?

Have to look into that

No tight feelings here. Sometimes intent doesnt come across in text. Just remembered the Xkey has come up a lot and not too long ago when it got revd.

I have the first one. Love it for messing with iPad synths and for note entry on Sibelius.

Takes up very little desk space. Aesthetically a great pair with Apple QWERTY keyboards. Enjoy!