Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

OT: dB vs. Nature: The saga continues

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks so much, guys.

It'll actually be good to have the down time tio be able to focus on some of the things we wanna do with the forums now that we have the keys to the place, and good to have something to do that should keep me in a chair.

I'm not very good at staying in a chair. :idk::facepalm:

dB

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

Good luck. Do what the doctors say. Old age ain't for wimps.

"It doesn't have to be difficult to be cool" - Mitch Towne

"A great musician can bring tears to your eyes!!!

So can a auto Mechanic." - Stokes Hunt

Ask about a nerve block with a slow-release encapsulated local anesthetic (bupivicaine). Expensive as hell, but you get 48 hours (or more) pain-free or close to it.

The slow release bupivicaine (Exparel) is patented, unlike the plain local anesthetic. The difference is that it is delivered by a patented process (encapsulated in lipid globules that release it in a predictable manner) and costs about $300 compared to $3 for the same amount of plain

Of course, lots of people say the Exparel is no better than the older techniques.

A good interscalene or supraclavicular block does tend to last more than 24 hrs (my wife's lasted 36), so the extra for the slow release bupivicaine may not be worth it. Also, some people don't like having the prolonged motor blockade.

I had a femoral nerve block for my R knee ACL reconstruction; that night my leg itched like crazy, but I couldn't feel it when I scratched the skin. Did nothing for the bone pain...

I am sorry to hear about the shoulder surgery Dave. It is so dB you that you treat this as an opportunity ... to find new things to work on. :love:

Wishing you a safe procedure and a speedy recovery.

Jerry

I cringe in sympathy. I view my reduced healing facililties with the horror of the Middle-Aged Bugger. One of your best tools for overcoming it: us. Also a firm resolve to get back to whatever musical doings you were pursuing when this arose. I hated losing part of my keyboard-playing adeptness, but its been a blast to learn how to orchestrate things from within the Box. Blessings in disguise and all that. I heart French horn!

I echo the sentiment concerning a shift to more focus on what you can still manage in real-time while you heal.

I look forward to soon hearing you say "Hey, I didn't feel like refried Hell this morning! Cool." :like:

"Why can't they just make up something of their own?"
           ~ The great Richard Matheson, on the movie remakes of his book, "I Am Legend"

Sorry you have to go the surgery route. Follow the Dr and PT orders and use ice when you can. Getting old is not for sissies!!!

Jimmy

Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others. Groucho

NEW BAND CHECK THEM OUT

www.steveowensandsummertime.com

www.jimmyweaver.com

Its in the books! Im told the procedure went very well. 😎🍾🕺🏼

Now lets find out how well I can sit still...for a month... 😬

dB

Do we want to have a vote about character sets? Or see if theres one that has emoji AND retains compatibility with the old characters?

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

Its in the books! Im told the procedure went very well.

Duh, I got so distracted by the garbage that was output in your post, I forgot to say "That's great! I hope the month passes for you quickly and well! :2thu: "

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

Its in the books! Im told the procedure went very well. 😎🍾🕺🏼

Now lets find out how well I can sit still...for a month... 😬

dB

Do we want to have a vote about character sets? Or see if theres one that has emoji AND retains compatibility with the old characters?

The latter, ideally.

dB

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

Glad the surgery went well and wishing you a speedy recovery! Don't push it....sounds like you'll be itching to get back at it!

Dan

Acoustic/Electric stringed instruments ranging from 4 to 230 strings, hammered, picked, fingered, slapped, and plucked. Analog and Digital Electronic instruments, reeds, and throat/mouth.

Just know when to stop. I do the same thing. When I broke my ribs I played a gig the next day even though they told me to take it easy for 6 weeks. None the worse for wear, but maybe not the smartest decision, lol.

Dan

Acoustic/Electric stringed instruments ranging from 4 to 230 strings, hammered, picked, fingered, slapped, and plucked. Analog and Digital Electronic instruments, reeds, and throat/mouth.