Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Neat little pickup that does bass octaves.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Cool... someone else made a small pickup that adhered to the guitar under the lower 3 strings with its own output jack, thought being you used an octave pedal and fed it to an amp. I was going to get one then I discovered my Boss Octave pedal lets you set what note you want it to stop adding the octave, so I set that to D and can use it in solo acoustic sets.

I would not try one, because it would take a whole different technique than the way I play. Basically I play only lead lines against my backing tracks. I was never a great rhythm guitar player, so I concentrated on what I could do fairly well, which is single note lead runs. I do play some chords during my practice sessions, but just to keep my hand in in case I need them, but most of my playing is lead lines against my backing tracks, along with my vocals practice.