Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Gibraltar Key Tree - double tier keyboard stand

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That looks coolbut extremely non-space-efficient to me. I guess if you only play on big stages where space is no object.

Rich Forman

Yamaha MOXF8, Korg Kronos 2-61, Roland Fantom X7, Ferrofish B4000+ organ module, Roland VR-09, EV ZLX12P, K&M Spider Pro stand,

Yamaha S80, Korg Trinity Plus

the footprint doesn't look too bad, but that front bottom post is right were your pedals need to be.

Live: Korg Kronos 2 88, Nord Electro 5d Nord Lead A1

Toys: Roland FA08, Novation Ultranova, Moog LP, Roland SP-404SX, Roland JX10,Emu MK6

www.bksband.com

www.echoesrocks.com

They don't know how to do key board stands. You'd have to roll your own from their parts. Pricing is way up there though.

Triton Extreme 76, Kawai ES3, GEM-RPX, HX3/Drawbar control, MSI Z97

MPower/4790K, Lynx Aurora 8/MADI/AES16e, OP-X PRO, Ptec, Komplete.

Ashley MX-206. future MOTU M64 RME Digiface Dante for Mon./net

the footprint doesn't look too bad, but that front bottom post is right were your pedals need to be.

from the pic, it does look like they missed the mark there, agree.

The baiting I do is purely for entertainment value. Please feel free to ignore it.

This Gibraltar Two Tier KB Stand prices out at $389.30 at a popular online retailer.

To me this appears to be a more usable configuration than the KeyTree.

While all those curved tubes on the KeyTree look positively badazzz, in actual usage it would be inconvenient, frustrating, less than optimal and require uncomfortable compromises and workarounds. Just like some dates I've had in the past.

Whether this more reasonable version is worth $400 is a matter of opinion. It does appear really stable for two-fisted playing on two keyboards, with wide open pedal access.

The key tree looks bogus with unadjustable heights and the pedals being blocked.

The thread below from 2014 brought back wonderful GAS memories. Would still love one of these but am more over loading it in and out than ever. Also not enough room on many stages I play.

Discussed in 2014 and a couple of times earlier this year. :2thu:

Kawai C-60 Grand Piano : Hammond A-100 : Hammond SK2 : Yamaha CP4 : Yamaha Montage 7 : Moog Sub 37

My latest album: Funky organ, huge horn section

https://bobbycressey.bandcamp.com/album/cali-native

Using Gibraltar parts to make a stand... yes. This particular model and/or price... don't think so. :idk

MainStage; Hammond SK1-73; Roland XP-80, JV-90, JV-1080, JV-1010, AX-1; Korg microSAMPLER;

Boss DR-880; Beat Buddy; Neo Instruments Ventilator; TC Electronic ND-1 Nova Delay

Using Gibraltar parts to make a stand... yes. This particular model and/or price... don't think so. :idk

Yes, the Key Tree has been discussed before, in amongst those threads. A dedicated thread? No. Read the responses above pointing out the problems with that particular configuration and you'll understand why. ;)

I know its a kludge, but in the past when I've played other players rigs where their keyboard stand interfered with the pedals like the Keytree, I've always had success putting the pedals parallel to the feet and using them that way. It actually works well as it stops pedal creep! lol

I couldn't ever see myself using one of these stands, but I have retrofitted most of the clamps on my Jaspers A-Frame with Gibraltar drumrack clamps (along with memory locks) and have made a super versatile, super secure stand that sets up and tears down in about 4 minutes and all fits into a lighting truss bag. I have a couple different configurations I can use, but have supported a Kronos 88, a Prophet 12, a Sub37, a Seaboard49, and 2 ipads (along with a beer holder!).

From what I understand, Gibraltar is very pricey. Just for fun, it would be interesting to find a reasonable price competitor's prices and pieces available to see what is possible. I like the polished aluminum idea too.

I wonder if all manufacturers clamps are as strong too?

Guess it's time to get out Google !

Paul

From what I understand, Gibraltar is very pricey. Just for fun, it would be interesting to find a reasonable price competitor's prices and pieces available to see what is possible. I like the polished aluminum idea too.

I wonder if all manufacturers clamps are as strong too?

Guess it's time to get out Google !

Paul

I totally agree - Gibraltar is going to be fairly expensive compared to "traditional" keyboard stands (I'm a drummer too, so I have bought their stuff for years, it's cheaper than, say, Tama or Pearl, but the ala-cart route will give you sticker shock) - it is super flexible though, so if budget allows, you could build something pretty cool. The steel tubing makes it heavy. I suppose you could do it with some 3rd party aluminum tubing too, but I'm not sure if you could get curved ones, though.

The Gibraltar stuff is very cool. it is solid yet lightweight.

Here is Eric Levy's current setup that he uses with Night Ranger. A very simple and ergonomic design.

n6Dc8R.jpg

InU3i1.jpg

SBCQoJ.jpg

Then you have David Rosenthal's setup with Billy Joel.

It looks complicated but the stand is really quite simple.

The main part at the top with two single tube wings for each side. Then Gibraltar accessory mounts for his Macbooks, iPad, etc..

s3pNco.jpg

rNxGv4.jpg

The Gibraltar Key Tree is not really designed for plays like us.

The demos I have seen bear this out.

Gibraltar has some cool video, including one of a very simple stand using two side piece (the T-Leg) and a couple cross bars.

David

Gig Rig:Casio Privia PX-5S | Yamaha MODX+ 6 | MacBook Pro 14" M1| Mainstage

The horizontal support bar on the keytree can be offset for your pedals. This isn't designed to be a typical stand with boards sitting flat but instead allows for the boards to sit at angles. I've been looking at keytree for my Kronos/Linnstrument/iPad live rig.

• 11 months later...
Does anyone have a list of parts used to create David Rosenthal's setup. That appears to be the exact setup I am looking for

Go to your local Gibraltar drum hardware dealer with the photos and have them design and sell you the parts; it's going to come in around $2k, so there's no sense in screwing around with "maybe this part" or "maybe that part". Pony up the cash and get it done right.

YMMV, of course.