Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

RD-2000 & Logic or MainStage?

Is anyone else having problem with their Roland RD-2000 and Logic Pro X or MainStage?

When using the RD-2000 as the audio output device in Logic Pro X or MainStage the audio cuts off and stops playing consistently even while midi data continues to be transmitted. After this happening dozens fo times, I switched the audio output in Logic from the RD-2000 to the built in output of my iMac. No more audio drops.

This is less than optimally. I bought an RD-2000 as a great digital piano/midi controller and the fact that it had a built in audio interface. Not being to set soft synth volume levels from the RD-2000 sucks.

It seems, either audio interface on my RD-2000 is broken or the software needs to be updated.

RD-2000 system software 1.5 (0051)

2015 iMac running Mac OS 10.14.5

Logic Pro X 10.4.4

MainStage 3.4.2

Any feedback is greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Using:

Yamaha: Montage M8x| Spectrasonics: Omnisphere, Keyscape | uhe: Diva, Hive2, Zebra2| Roland: Cloud Pro | Arturia: V Collection

NI: Komplete 14 | VPS: Avenger | Cherry: GX80 | G-Force: OB-E | Korg: Triton, MS-20

Sold/Traded:

Yamaha: Motif XS8, Motif ES8, Motif8, KX-88, TX7 | ASM: Hydrasynth Deluxe| Roland: RD-2000, D50, MKS-20| Korg: Kronos 88, T3, MS-20

Oberheim: OB8, OBXa, Modular 8 Voice | Rhodes: Dyno-My-Piano| Crumar: T2

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm only one using and RD-2000 and Logic?

Using:

Yamaha: Montage M8x| Spectrasonics: Omnisphere, Keyscape | uhe: Diva, Hive2, Zebra2| Roland: Cloud Pro | Arturia: V Collection

NI: Komplete 14 | VPS: Avenger | Cherry: GX80 | G-Force: OB-E | Korg: Triton, MS-20

Sold/Traded:

Yamaha: Motif XS8, Motif ES8, Motif8, KX-88, TX7 | ASM: Hydrasynth Deluxe| Roland: RD-2000, D50, MKS-20| Korg: Kronos 88, T3, MS-20

Thanks but that forum is on life support...

I solved other issues related to the Logic update to 10.4.5 which included the RD sliders changing volume settings across all MIDI channels event though the sliders are assigned to separate channels. I rolled back to Logic 10.4.4, deleting the Logic general prefs, control surface prefs and any/all files related to the Korg nanoKontrol Studio.

Audio dropping when using the RD as the audio output in Logic and Mainstage even while MIDI continues to transmit over the sales USB cable remains an issue.

Using:

Sold/Traded:

Yes, the RD-2000 OS has settings for generic and vendor usb audio. One is correctly set to vendor. I think my issues started when Logic auto updated to 10.4.5 Ive since restored to Logic 10.4.4 and rolled back Logic prefs. Still having audio output completing disappearing. I might have to set aside 3+ hours and try a clean install of Mac OS to get things functioning again...

Using:

Sold/Traded: