Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Yamaha FC7 for Numa Organ 2

I found a great deal about the specs of lots of different expression pedals when I searched for this, but can anyone tell me if a Yamaha FC7 pedal will work with my Numa Organ 2? In the Numa manual it just gives the option of the VP27 or FP50 (both of which are Studiologic products) but the little info I've found about them has informed me of their short throw distances. I'd love to have the FC7, but I just need to know if it's compatible with my clone before throwing it in the Sweetwater cart haha :)

Many thanks in advance.

"...and that TV channel at the hotel that's, like, ABOUT the hotel?"

Yamaha CP 73 / Numa Organ 2 / Korg Prologue 8

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe that the FP50's polarity is backward from the Yamaha you will need to create or purchase an adapter that reverses the tip and the ring. As a possible alternative check if you can set the polarity on the Numa. Some keyboards offer a function which set the keyboard to match the expression pedal polarity.

57 Hammond B3; 69 Hammond L100P; 68 Leslie 122; Kurzweil Forte7 & PC3; M-Audio Code 61; Voce V5+; Neo Vent; EV ELX112P; GSI Gemini & Burn

Delaware Dave

Exit93band

Or, if you're somewhat handy with a soldering pencil you can open the FC7, trace the tip & ring from the plug to the proper wires on the potentiometer, clip and reverse them.

I am of the opinion that the FC7 doesn't work too well for standing, at least for me. It requires a major amount of ankle flexion to go to its maximum setting, more than my M-Audio EXP. At maximum extension my toes are pointing down on the FC7. On the EXP, my foot is flat that's a lot more comfortable to me.

I never got on well with the FC7 so cant comment if it works with the Numa. I used to use the Boss FV500, but got soft cases and thought I may as well try and save a bit more weight.

So... I just bought 4x M-Audio EXP pedals cause they are so cheap. It works fine with my Numa Organ, and the Kronos. The sweep is actually ok.

Contact Markeyboard, he made up a bunch of tip adaptors (far better than any I bought elsewhere). It works great on Roland now!!!

Jimmy

Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others. Groucho

NEW BAND CHECK THEM OUT

www.steveowensandsummertime.com

www.jimmyweaver.com

I use the FC7 with my Numa Organ 2. No adaptor necessary. It works great!

This is interesting to hear! I currently have a Roland EV-7, which works with my Numa, so it's interesting to hear the FC-7 works with yours, as I've read so many accounts of Yamaha and Roland pedals not having the same polarity. If I decide to order one, I may hold off on the adapter until I try it out to see if it works.

Thanks everyone for all the info and advice! It's all much appreciated.

I own both the EV7 and the FC7 and I can attest that the polarity of the pedals are not the same. The wiper on one of them is attached to the tip and the other one the wiper is attached to the ring. The Roland has a 10K pot and the Yamaha has a 50K pot. My PC3 prefers a 10K pot regardless of whether I match the polarity correctly or not. The FC7 has the longest sweep but the EV7's sweep is quite acceptable.

57 Hammond B3; 69 Hammond L100P; 68 Leslie 122; Kurzweil Forte7 & PC3; M-Audio Code 61; Voce V5+; Neo Vent; EV ELX112P; GSI Gemini & Burn

Delaware Dave

Exit93band

I have been practicing with the EV7 on the Numa for the past few days and after fine tuning the minimum volume, I think it will work just fine (I have a B3 but I'm primarily a piano player, so it's not like I've been accustomed to a long throw). I'll probably keep rolling with it until it craps out and then reconsider my options.

Once it craps out you probably will have to weigh your options because the EV7 is no longer available. I would probably consider the Long Throw pedal of the Mojo. It also has a 10K pot that my PC3 prefers but it might be wired backwards from a polarity point of view. No issue for that since I have a polarity reversal adapter.

Delaware Dave

Exit93band