Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

NEW FORUM: Bugs?

Not sure if this is a bug, but the new forum no longer has the my stuff button when youre logged in? I use my posts to quickly find threads, but I dont see that in the drop-down menu under my login name.

Probably not a bug, but a feature I miss is the "Posts" feature under "My Stuff" in the old forum. I used it to quickly check for activity on whatever threads I was participating in on the rare occasions when something (like work) limited my time on KC.

It's still there. Click your username on the upper right. You'll see a little speech bubble with number of posts next to it. Click that and it will take you to a list of all your posts.

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's still there. Click your username on the upper right. You'll see a little speech bubble with number of posts next to it. Click that and it will take you to a list of all your posts.

Yup,no way I ever would have found that except for your post, thanks!

Maybe this is the best place for a shameless plug! Our now not-so-new new video at https://youtu.be/3ZRC3b4p4EI is a 40 minute adaptation of T. S. Eliot's "Prufrock" - check it out! And hopefully I'll have something new here this year. ;-)

Firefox and Chrome

Does anyone else but me have a scrollbar on the bottom of every page of the forum? (except http://www.musicplayer.com/) There is nothing on the right side to scroll to.

In the last line in the following snippet, the scrollbar can be removed with either [font:Courier New]width:99%[/font] or [font:Courier New]padding:0px[/font], or just deleting the padding setting. With the padding, I think this div element is larger than 100%, thus the horizontal scrollbar.

This is located in the first 50-60 lines or so, immediately following the

section.

Thanks again for all of these! They're really helpful as we try to get the kinks out having gone through more than a few years of upgrades really fast AND having migrated our server. I still can't believe we pulled this off... :cool::D

Even though you may not get a direct response or see thesew addressed right away, Jim is certainly looking at all of them. Really great to have an organized list. :)

dB

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

My icon that shows I've got a PM always shows I've got a new message, even when I've already read them. This was happening before the server update and continues to happen now

Numa Piano X73 /// Kawai ES920 /// Casio CT-X5000 /// Yamaha EW425

Yamaha Melodica and Alto Recorder

QSC K8.2 // JBL Eon One Compact // Soundcore Motion Boom Plus 

Win10 laptop i7 8GB // iPad Pro 9.7" 32GB

A few little anomalies:

Most threads when you click on them give the full path of links to where you are at the top of the page, i.e.:

Musicplayer.com > forums > keyboard corner > etc

But some of them for whatever reason only show musicplayer.com with nothing after that. A current example is the 70s Polysynth thread. (CLONK)

Also, on Craig Anderton's SSS forum, when you click on a thread, new posts will show up with a little red box that saws "new", but I haven't seen that any place else. That would be nice, especially since it's not jumping to the unread posts....at least that way you can scroll to the first "new" one.

Dan

Acoustic/Electric stringed instruments ranging from 4 to 230 strings, hammered, picked, fingered, slapped, and plucked. Analog and Digital Electronic instruments, reeds, and throat/mouth.

A few little anomalies:

Most threads when you click on them give the full path of links to where you are at the top of the page, i.e.:

Musicplayer.com > forums > keyboard corner > etc

But some of them for whatever reason only show musicplayer.com with nothing after that. A current example is the 70s Polysynth thread. (CLONK)

The title of that thread is also missing in the browser window/tab top.

[align:right]##

##[/align]

Followup to my last post regarding posts marked "new". It's not specific to SSS vs other forums. I figured out that it's only on threads that I started. But again, it would be nice anytime I come back to see what's new on anything, not just threads I started myself.

Dan

Acoustic/Electric stringed instruments ranging from 4 to 230 strings, hammered, picked, fingered, slapped, and plucked. Analog and Digital Electronic instruments, reeds, and throat/mouth.

I tried liking a post yesterday. I clicked on the like button and got sent to Facebook. ? I have no intention of joining Facebook simply to acknowledge a post. Can this be simplified?

Jake

1967 B-3 w/(2) 122's, Nord C1w/Leslie 2101 top, Nord PedalKeys 27, Nord Electro 4D, IK B3X, QSC K12.2, Yamaha reface YC+CS+CP

"It needs a Hammond"

I tried liking a post yesterday. I clicked on the like button and got sent to Facebook. ? I have no intention of joining Facebook simply to acknowledge a post. Can this be simplified?

Jake

Those two buttons are specifically to Like or share a post on Facebook to let your friends know about this place and your activity.

There has never been a "liking" of posts on KC.

David

Gig Rig:Casio Privia PX-5S | Yamaha MODX+ 6 | MacBook Pro 14" M1| Mainstage

Jake

Those two buttons are specifically to Like or share a post on Facebook to let your friends know about this place and your activity.

There has never been a "liking" of posts on KC.

I just thought it might have been an addition in the new site. Joe's site had it, and its on others I frequent.

Jake

1967 B-3 w/(2) 122's, Nord C1w/Leslie 2101 top, Nord PedalKeys 27, Nord Electro 4D, IK B3X, QSC K12.2, Yamaha reface YC+CS+CP

"It needs a Hammond"

Yay! The last post thing is working again!!!

:keynana:

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

(now to test whether it will remember posts not read when I leave the site and come back. That would be new behavior vs. pre-update, but something I've hoped for for years.)

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

I skimmed the entire topic & didn't see this so hopefully I'm not restating something already brought up:

I always check the "Keep me logged in" box but always have to sign in again when I pull up the site.

That was my serious reply - now for my smarmy one:

The analog version of the forum sounded better :)

yea, just saw the new tabs today, very cool, thanks guys.

Triton Extreme 76, Kawai ES3, GEM-RPX, HX3/Drawbar control, MSI Z97

MPower/4790K, Lynx Aurora 8/MADI/AES16e, OP-X PRO, Ptec, Komplete.

Ashley MX-206. future MOTU M64 RME Digiface Dante for Mon./net

(now to test whether it will remember posts not read when I leave the site and come back. That would be new behavior vs. pre-update, but something I've hoped for for years.)

Sadly, this doesn't seem to work. I hope it's on the list. If not, please add it. I *think* other UBB sites do it, but I'm not sure. Other fora do it, I know that for sure.

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

Sadly, this doesn't seem to work. I hope it's on the list. If not, please add it. I *think* other UBB sites do it, but I'm not sure. Other fora do it, I know that for sure.

*like* >.<

##[/align]

:2thu:

As mentioned in the global announcement sticky, things will probably continue to shift over time. We're in no hurry to hit any deadlines, so we can take our time and tweak things to our tastes.... :idk::cool:

Man, this is the best fun. :D

dB

best forum 🙏🏼 may it long reign

##[/align]

:2thu:

As mentioned in the global announcement sticky, things will probably continue to shift over time. We're in no hurry to hit any deadlines, so we can take our time and tweak things to our tastes.... :idk::cool:

Man, this is the best fun. :D

dB

It's awesome dB. Sometimes, the inmates should be running the asylum. :2thu:

Even if all threads in a forum are read, when I come back the icon is yellow as if there are unread posts/threads. I'm not sure if this only happens across logins or also when returning.

I got this just now when I hit "Post Reply":

"We encountered a problem. The reason reported was:

Database error only visible to forum administrators

Return to the previous page or use search if you are looking for something specific."

The replies posted though, so this is not a showstopper by any means, might even be on my end. I wonder if it'll happen when I hit the Post Reply button now. 3...2...1...

I got this just now when I hit "Post Reply":

"We encountered a problem. The reason reported was:

Database error only visible to forum administrators

Return to the previous page or use search if you are looking for something specific."

Put a few more quarters in the machine... it goes away. :laugh:

When an eel hits your eye like a big pizza pie, that's a Moray.

Yep...

error.jpg

Yep - getting that every time I post now. It works...the post goes through...but I get that message.

Dan