Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Petition: Bring Back the Blueberry Burst Finish!!!

Okay, here's a picture of a guitar I got recently from Gibson - a "playable scrap" Blueberry Burst Les Paul HP I traded it for some web copy. There's no way the photo does it justice, the finish is just plain gorgeous. People see it, and it takes their breath away. BUT - no guitars are being made with the Blueberry Burst finish any more! Granted, it's not a "traditional" Les Paul color. But I don't play "traditional" guitar...I LOVE that look. If you love it too, post some kind of :thu: and if enough people think this is a cool look, I'm forwarding the thread to Gibson. Hey, they can't fire me twice!

BW1EEh3.jpg

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't know that I have ever seen that color.

It was something Gibson did in their "let's do some really different things" days and while not all those experiments were a success, I think this is one that deserves to live!

reminds me of a color Paul Smith would use.

Interesting you should say that :)

I have the first PRS Signature Series guitar (long story). He asked what color I wanted. I said "emerald green, not bad potato chip green." And he did the most beautiful green finish ever.

Paul is an amazing, smart, deep person. I have the utmost respect for him and his guitars.