Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

So what's new on the forum?

Fred_C

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I know one thing is that large images automatically resize now.

Dan

Acoustic/Electric stringed instruments ranging from 4 to 230 strings, hammered, picked, fingered, slapped, and plucked. Analog and Digital Electronic instruments, reeds, and throat/mouth.

One thing new is that every thread I open, opens at the beginning of the thread now, instead of taking me to the unread, newest posts. That's a major step backward.

Aaaaah, you're right...

Ask yourself- What Would Ren and Stimpy Do?

~ Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite ~

_ ___ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _

That's one that has been reported and is being worked on. There are some quirks regarding different browsers and how they interact.

Dan

Acoustic/Electric stringed instruments ranging from 4 to 230 strings, hammered, picked, fingered, slapped, and plucked. Analog and Digital Electronic instruments, reeds, and throat/mouth.

One thing new is that every thread I open, opens at the beginning of the thread now, instead of taking me to the unread, newest posts. That's a major step backward.

See my post on the other thread where you mentioned this issue. Mine works the same as it did before as long as I click on the date above the name/handle of anyone's last post (on the right hand side of the screen). I can then scroll up to see the earlier posts. The dates on the posts are correct but the time is way off. It is 7:55 am here in California. :cool:

Take care, Larryz

Greenwich mean time. 7 hours difference from PDT. I did not know this, I am not that smart, but I looked it up.

Probably because they moved from Ca. To the UK.

You're very smart. You looked it up. A dumb person has no interest in what they don't already know.

Greenwich mean time. 7 hours difference from PDT. I did not know this, I am not that smart, but I looked it up.

Probably because they moved from Ca. To the UK.

Thanks for the info Surfer Girl...that explains the 7 hour difference. The Greenwhich mean time works for me as we have to start somewhere! :cool:

Take care, Larryz

See my post on the other thread where you mentioned this issue. Mine works the same as it did before as long as I click on the date above the name/handle of anyone's last post (on the right hand side of the screen). I can then scroll up to see the earlier posts.

Yes, that does work. Not anywhere as convenient as the old method of just clicking on the thread, in my opinion.

Scott Fraser

Another new thing is that I don't remain logged in, as was formerly the case.

Did you check the box "keep me logged in"? I'm using it on 2 different computers and my iPad and have remained logged in on all 3.

Dan

Another new thing is that I don't remain logged in, as was formerly the case.

Did you check the box "keep me logged in"? I'm using it on 2 different computers and my iPad and have remained logged in on all 3.

My iPad never kept me logged in. My laptop does still, my studio computer doesn't, but used to before the changeover. Yes, always had the "keep me logged in in" button checked.

Scott Fraser

It's a slight thing (& maybe I'm missing a better idea) but previously, after posting a comment, the software had a method of returning to the particular forum's thread list.

Now I seem to have to either back up & refresh or truncate the URL &refresh...

Am I missing something ?

d=halfnote

Thanks!

Future Music owns all the logos at the top, so they'll all go away very soon. They still own the old MPN one as well, so that'll go too...but we own the brand itself - hence the new logo.

The new one will be the only logo at the top of the forum shortly.

dB

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

Thanks for the updates Dave! Will we be keeping the same address Musicplayer.com or will it be changed to MusicplayerNetwork.com ?

DB is better to answer this but based on discussions we've had over on the KC, my understanding is that we will maintain the URL, except that we now have control over it. The only thing I heard that was an issue was www. vs htttp:// which I think was being addressed.

There are a few of these conversations going on, but my understanding is that we have the rights to the domain and to own the forum, but the old owner owns the old logo, which is the reason for the new logo.

Dan

Thanks for the updates Dave! Will we be keeping the same address Musicplayer.com or will it be changed to MusicplayerNetwork.com ?

DB is better to answer this but based on discussions we've had over on the KC, my understanding is that we will maintain the URL, except that we now have control over it. The only thing I heard that was an issue was www. vs htttp:// which I think was being addressed.

There are a few of these conversations going on, but my understanding is that we have the rights to the domain and to own the forum, but the old owner owns the old logo, which is the reason for the new logo.

Now... What'd I miss... ? Is this Guitar Forum no longer associated with Guitar Player Magazine? (I also just realized that the name is again 'Guitar Forum', and no longer 'Guitar Player Forum'... ?)

Ask yourself- What Would Ren and Stimpy Do?

~ Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite ~

_ ___ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _

Music Player Network gave us control over the forum, so that we don't have to worry about "the powers that be" deciding to turn it off, like what happened a while back. Yes, the old Music Player Network logo is owned by New Bay Media.

Dan

We own 'em both, actually!

We'll totally keep the forums here though.

Is this Guitar Forum no longer associated with Guitar Player Magazine? (I also just realized that the name is again 'Guitar Forum', and no longer 'Guitar Player Forum'... ?)

Correct.

Future Music kept the Guitar Player, Bass Player and Keyboard brands and logos. We got Music Player Network brand, but had to come up with a new logo. No prob - the other one was...old.

Music Player Network gave us control over the forum, so that we don't have to worry about "the powers that be" deciding to turn it off, like what happened a while back. Yes, the old Music Player Network logo is owned by New Bay Media.

Not exactly.

First of all, New Bay Media owns none of it. They sold everything to Future Music last year.

Future Music gave us control of the Music Player Network brand...but we do not have to worry about the powers that be turning it off. In this instance, we are the powers that be. We have the keys and the controls. :)

The inmates truly do control the asylum. :D

Hope that clarifies.

dB

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

We own 'em both, actually!

We'll totally keep the forums here though.

Is this Guitar Forum no longer associated with Guitar Player Magazine? (I also just realized that the name is again 'Guitar Forum', and no longer 'Guitar Player Forum'... ?)

Correct.

Future Music kept the Guitar Player, Bass Player and Keyboard brands and logos. We got Music Player Network brand, but had to come up with a new logo. No prob - the other one was...old.

Not exactly.

First of all, New Bay Media owns none of it. They sold everything to Future Music last year.

Future Music gave us control of the Music Player Network brand...but we do not have to worry about the powers that be turning it off. In this instance, we are the powers that be. We have the keys and the controls. :)

The inmates truly do control the asylum. :D

Hope that clarifies.

dB

Uh, actually now I'm confused.

Who is the "us" that now operates these forums...& what, if anything, else do "us" do ?

I don't mean the individuals like DB or Anderton but the collective group.

[video:youtube]

d=halfnote