Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Do You Use Bluetooth Headphones?

I like my Bluetooth headphones, made by Puro Sound Labs, model BT5200. Although I wouldn't mix on them, their sound is pretty accurate, which makes them reliable enough to watch YouTube music product videos when I'm relaxing. Unfortunately, they're threatening to die on meâthey wouldn't turn on last night, but they did this morningâand they're no longer made by the manufacturer. As a result, I may be looking for a replacement soon with a different make and model.

Do you use Bluetooth headphones? If so, which pair do you use? Do you recommend them?

Looking forward to reading any replies.

Best,

Geoff

My Blue Someday appears on Apple Music | Spotify | YouTube | Amazon

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have enough problems with keeping batteries charged in my Bluetooth earbuds...I'm still doing the wired thing! But I'll be interested to see what people recommend, if there are any super thumbs-up reviews I might spring for some.

I didn't know there were WiFi headphones. I've been using Apple AirPods and Beats Solo3 over Bluetooth. I didn't pick the Beats. They were free when I bought my iMac. But I use them a bit around the house when my wife is working from home or talking to her parents on the phone. ð I've also used them on public transport. The AirPods let in too much outside sound for that. The Beats aren't isolating nor noise-cancelling, but they block enough noise that I can actually listen on a bus or light rail.

IOW, I don't have an answer for your question at all, Geoff.

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

I didn't know there were WiFi headphones. I've been using Apple AirPods and Beats Solo3 over Bluetooth. I didn't pick the Beats. They were free when I bought my iMac. But I use them a bit around the house when my wife is working from home or talking to her parents on the phone. ð I've also used them on public transport. The AirPods let in too much outside sound for that. The Beats aren't isolating nor noise-cancelling, but they block enough noise that I can actually listen on a bus or light rail.

IOW, I don't have an answer for your question at all, Geoff.

D'oh! :facepalm:

I knew better than that. I did mean Bluetooth. I've fixed the opening post and thread title. Thanks Joe!

Best,

Geoff

My Blue Someday appears on Apple Music | Spotify | YouTube | Amazon

I have a set of nice Shure earbuds that can be used either with wires or BlueTooth.

For me, the charging aspect - every 6 hours of use, and making sure I have the damn charging cable with me wherever I go - is more of a pain than the benefits of going wireless.

dB

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

Since I wasn't off topic, I will expound on some points brought up.

I charge these Beats every few months maybe. I don't use them for hours at a time, but the charge seems to last for a really long time.

For the AirPods, the charging case is part of the deal, a new pair lasts for hours on a charge, and the case charges with Lightning so I always have that with me anyway when I travel.

As far as sound quality, :idk: But with so many people using these kinds of things, they're at least good enough for a reference check!

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

I wouldn't even mention mine except that the story is slightly funny. My wife bought my little "MobileSpec" bluetooth earbuds at the airport for me while we were between flights without even knowing they were bluetooth. So of course I couldn't use them on the plane as was the intention but I do now occasionally use them with my MBP. They're simple and work fine for just standard youtube type listening although you can't get further than a couple feet away from the computer before the signal is lost.

I got a set of Bose SoundSport earbuds. I used to really diss Bose, but tried the L1 system after Lee Flier talked about it in SSS. I was very impressed by it, and developed a more open mind overall about Bose. Although they're not Bluetooth headphones but earbuds, they have the benefit of actually sounding good, and being useable while taking walks, cleaning up, or whatever. They also refuse to fall out of my ears when walking around!

There are plenty of Bluetooth headphones that do the job. But if the idea is to have something without wires, you might as well go whole hog, and get earphones that work under pretty much any circumstances. I have about 32 GB of music on my phone, and being able to hear it anywhere, with decent quality, works for me. :)

I haven't gone to Bluetooth earbuds because the only time I use them is on a plane - and since I'm not moving around, wired is fine. But also, I DO use Bluetooth in my car and with some speakers at home, and it just doesn't seem like the sound quality is very good. In each case, I can connect via both wired or Bluetooth connection, and in school case, wired sounds noticeably better.

Dan

Acoustic/Electric stringed instruments ranging from 4 to 230 strings, hammered, picked, fingered, slapped, and plucked. Analog and Digital Electronic instruments, reeds, and throat/mouth.