Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

New logo

I like the thinner font and shade of blue of the current one. I think Gulf colors (from racing,) are cool, how about orange somewhere, maybe the play button. How about a 147 or 925 Leslie for a logo?

The one in the first post is not for KC. It's for the whole Music Player Network site to replace what's at the very top now - and it's finished, so no changes. :idk:

KC itself has a bunch of it's own banners already, and is always open for new ones to add to the collection.

dB

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I like the thinner font and shade of blue of the current one. I think Gulf colors (from racing,) are cool, how about orange somewhere, maybe the play button. How about a 147 or 925 Leslie for a logo?

The one in the first post is not for KC. It's for the whole Music Player Network site to replace what's at the very top now - and it's finished, so no changes. :idk:

KC itself has a bunch of it's own banners already, and is always open for new ones to add to the collection.

dB

Love to see how it sits next to other logos of Guitar Player, etc. and with no logo (blue/black speaker.) Currently the blue in Player is the stand out color, which I like after seeing it a zillion times. The new logo introduces three additional colors to the site. Just saying. I know you're not changing it but it fun to think you might :D

AvantGrand N2 | ES520 | Gallien-Krueger MK & MP | https://soundcloud.com/pete36251

The easy way?

Quote dB's original post, paste in your image's link over his.

urltoyourimage

Hmmm...doesn't correct the problem. Same result shows only a text link.

Do you have the file type (.jpg, .png, etc) at the end of the link? Imgur doesn't always generate that...

dB

dB

Love to see how it sits next to other logos of Guitar Player, etc. and with no logo (blue/black speaker.) Currently the blue in Player is the stand out color, which I like after seeing it a zillion times. The new logo introduces three additional colors to the site.

Ahhh... I haven't been clear. Sorry - my error. :idea:

Everything currently at the top now (old MPN logo, Keyboard, EQ, Guitar Player, Bass Player logos) are all going away. Future Music owns all those logos and brands. The exception is Music Player Network - we own the brand, but they still own that old logo, so it goes too.

The only one that will be up there shortly is the new one.

dB

OK thank you for the suggestions. I was able to find a way to expose all of the link options on the website. They were not shown initially.

By the way, regarding your new logo design was it intentional to have the middle text a different blue than the rest?

Going with the theme you might as well go all out festive:

rfMt7pP.jpg

By the way, regarding your new logo design was it intentional to have the middle text a different blue than the rest?

Yes, it was. We did not miss that Royal Blue and Navy Blue are different. :D

You must have missed me saying earlier that we hired a professional artist and a bunch of us were involved with evaluating and approving the design.

Going with the theme you might as well go all out festive

We're not looking to be festive, though - that wasn't the goal. We designed a simple recognizable logo that we feel covers a bunch of possible aspects of what we'd like to do with the site.

I'm not sure you understand how small this needs to be, either. See the one at the very top, in the left hand corner? The black and blue one, with the dopey looking speaker? That small.

dB

Congrats to you dB for sharing the logo for comment at all - getting agreement on stuff like this is a bit like a band deciding on the next song they are going to learn. Everyone thinks their taste is best and they know what will work :D

We're not looking to be festive, though - that wasn't the goal. We designed a simple recognizable logo that we feel covers a bunch of possible aspects of what we'd like to do with the site.

I'm not sure you understand how small this needs to be, either. See the one at the very top, in the left hand corner? The black and blue one, with the dopey looking speaker? That small.

dB

Thanks for taking mine seriously but I was just having fun with the Play concept.