Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

$25 Upright?

I own so many upright VIs, but somehow I'm still not satisfied when I just want the "John Lennon" sound. Ran across this and I'll buy it tonight (it's only $25), but was curious if anyone here had it.

http://adammonroemusic.com/upright-piano-vst/am-upright-piano-vst.html

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, it sounds just like one of those beat up, in need of a tuning, barroom beasts I used to play in clubs back in the 60s/70s. You can mix the two mike sets, and apply cutoffs at 3 frequencies, add verb if you like, but that's about it. Not terribly flexible, but suitable for that one sound, so worth $25 imho.

Hi Steve,

I bought it last year and have used it a few times, although not live. Well worth the $25 in my opinion. Really bright, 'wiry' tone but works perfectly when you need something to cut through with a not-so-perfect upright piano vibe. Not a tight, dry sampling - there's a fair amount of 'Room' in the samples (ie. early reflections). FYI, before I bought it I already owned Addictive Keys Modern Upright Yamaha U3, Fluffy Audio's My Piano (Petrof upright), Chocolate Audio's Italian Steinbach Upright, Imperfect Samples Braunschweig Upright, Simple Sam Samples Vintage Upright, and Sampletekk's Rain Piano Upright Mk2, and it was still different enough for me to warrant buying it.

Cheers, Craig

EDIT: Just read your above post that you've bought it already, so carry on! :)

Seeing the thread title I was thinking that you can often find a free upright piano on Craigslist or Facebook if youll move it.

Never mind.

aka âmisterdregsâ

Nord Electro 5D 73

Yamaha P105

Kurzweil PC3LE7

Motion Sound KP200S

Schimmel 6-10LE

QSC CP-12

Westone AM Pro 30 IEMs

Rolls PM55P