Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

New logo

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Great update, and more inclusive than the studio monitor icon (I think that's what it is anyway). Picks up traditional players, and also studio cats who assemble loops for today's music (definitely players but of a different type). :thu:

Nice logo, but more than that - thanks once again to the (now independent) MusicPlayer.com team for their efforts in securing this resource and running it for the benefit of its members. I'm constantly learning stuff here that I don't get from magazines, blog posts or other media.

Cheers, Mike

Nice logo, but more than that - thanks once again to the (now independent) MusicPlayer.com team for their efforts in securing this resource and running it for the benefit of its members. I'm constantly learning stuff here that I don't get from magazines, blog posts or other media.

Cheers, Mike

What he said ^^.

Professional musician = great source of poverty.

I thought that the thing that separated us from the Bad Guys was the fact that we do not confuse musicianship with pressing play.

Are the pianist and banana guy part of the logo? Now that would pop!

http://www.airnetworking.com/images/TWW.jpg

For the greatest entertainment at your event book this comedian using a band as a stage prop!

Sorry for the buzzkill, but IMO the new logo is underwhelming, and doesn't measure up to the high quality standards you guys have established here. Further, it looks like a logo for a CD player, or some other type of playback device. I think you guys can do MUCH better. Judging from the responses so far, I may be alone in this opinion!

Will there be a separate / unique logo for Keyboard Corner?

Perhaps you could let the community decide. Put some choices out there, the crowd will make a good decision.

Some music I've recorded and played over the years with a few different bands

Tommy Rude Soundcloud

This does beg the question, "How is a Play button relevant to a musicians network logo?"

This has a sort of novice's approach. It is just replicating a common design style without regard for context, (i.e. the stacked words forming a rectangle = common....making the Play button out of the O = misses the context).

You guys do realize that the last one was stacked words forming a rectangle and a desktop-style speaker, which is one step even farther down the food chain from "pressing play," right?

It looks clean and modern. For a purely text-based logo, I think it's nifty.

Now out! "Mind the Gap," a 24-song album of new material.
www.joshweinstein.com

Okay, since I have been outed for being silly, I guess I'll respond like an adult -- this once only. :)

I'm neither impressed, nor offended, by the play button.

If the logo is for the entire site -- keyboardists, stage sound people, drummers, bassists, what-have-you -- then it would be inappropriate to feature a keyboard in the logo.

As a universal music graphic, eighth notes are pretty universal, but cliche'd. I would go for a fermata myself, symbolizing "Keep it going a bit longer," but I fear that a lot of folks might not get it.

Finally, a sincere thank you for the people who, unlike me, have negotiated data exchanges, nursed the installation and upgrade of a new server, and even designed logos that don't look like an icon from a Radio Shack speaker sale. Those have all been done better than I could do.

-Tom Williams

{First Name} {at} AirNetworking {dot} com

PC4-7, PX-5S, AX-Edge, PC361

Its a logo, its fine, its a jpeg, use it, come up with a better idea in 3 months time? Replace it. Next.

A misguided plumber attempting to entertain | MainStage 3 | Axiom 61 2nd Gen | Pianoteq | B5 | XK3c | EV ZLX 12P

If the logo is for the entire site -- keyboardists, stage sound people, drummers, bassists, what-have-you -- then it would be inappropriate to feature a keyboard in the logo.

You are correct, sir! It is not only the logo for the entire site, it is the logo for the Music Player Network LLC, which hopes to do more than just run KC. :cool:

We had a couple of weeks to come up with this because we can't use the old one - Future still owns that even though we own the brand itself. We paid a professional artist to come up with a whole bunch of designs, which we spent a bunch of time considering. There is a talented group of people working behind the scenes with me on the site - Craig Anderton, Steve Fortner, Mike Martin, Jim Quinn et al - everybody participated in picking and tweaking this logo. We all quite like it, especially the gold PLAY button...not just because of the Music PLAYer thing, but because it points forward. :2thu:

I saw no reason to put this to a public vote because we had to go through a bunch of them and refine our choices very quickly...and there is simply no way to please everybody. :idk:

I also believe in giving people who take the time to express that they would like to see something different a chance to follow through and show what they think is a better idea if the situation permits...which this one does.

To that end, if KC folks want to submit a design for the local KC banner at the top of our forum, we can totally trot that in front of the community for public evaluation. We've always had rotating banners at the top of KC, and we can have as many as we like. If you create a design and the community digs it, I'd not only be completely delighted to put it into KC's rotation, I think it'd be really cool to have a community art show on display.

...and there you have that.

dB

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

Its a logo, its fine, its a jpeg, use it, come up with a better idea in 3 months time? Replace it. Next.

This

You don't have ideas, ideas have you

We see the world, not as it is, but as we are. "One mans food is another mans poison". I defend your right to speak hate. Tolerance to a point, not agreement

I like it!

Though, I must admit, I did click on the play button. :blush:

'Someday, we'll look back on these days and laugh; likely a maniacal laugh from our padded cells, but a laugh nonetheless' - Mr. Boffo.

We need a barfing cat emoticon!

...if KC folks want to submit a design for the local KC banner at the top of our forum, we can totally trot that in front of the community for public evaluation....

dB

How do you get an image to show here? I am using IMGUR where the above image of the new logo is hosted but all that shows is the link when I try to post an image.