Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Official NBA 2019-2020 Thread

Now that the NBA 2018-2019 season is in the books, let's take a look at the one ahead:

Sources: Lakers reach deal for Pelicans' Davis

The Kawhi pitch: Toronto's best case to keep its superstar free agent

GM says Warriors' outlook on Klay, KD unaffected

Best,

Geoff

My Blue Someday appears on Apple Music | Spotify | YouTube | Amazon

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Lakers need to wait to complete the Davis trade if they want to sign a third max player, IIRC.

In other off-court news, Damian Lillard just put Marvin Bagley in his place.

For context, Max Kellerman asked Bagley who the best rapper in the NBA was, he claimed the crown as his own and posted a diss track later that day. Lillard answers back with this about three hours later. I mean, damn. Not playing.

I'm still conflicted about the Lakers getting Davis, on the one hand Davis is a top 5 player for sure so we had to do it but, we gave up almost our entire young core that fans including me have been following since they were drafted. My friends and other people I run into all say the same thing, those guys are going to great eventually but once we got LeBron we're on the clock because of his age. I get it and I'll get over it. We got to keep Kuzma which is awesome. The next big decision is whether to use up all the cap space to get another max free agent or use that considerable amount of money to get 3 or 4 star players, not quite superstars but still very good. The commentators who host the Inside the Lakers show are split on this like I am. Worthy says to spread the money around while others say if we can get third superstar go for it. I like spreading it around, if we get a third superstar the money is basically gone, the supporting cast will be third tier players and I think they won't be enough even if the top three are all killers.

It will be an interesting summer.

Hammond SK1, Mojo 61, Kurzweil PC3, Korg Pa3x, Roland FA06, Band in a Box, Real Band, Studio One, too much stuff...

• 2 weeks later...
Well, they'll suck next season but maybe after Durant can actually play, they'll be good. :P

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

One of our local kids who did good is going to Memphis. I hope they don't run him in the ground with too many minutes. Hes not young anymore. Great guy. Still comes home. Has given a lot of money and support to our local public schools. He went to the same high school as my kids. They would see him when he visited in support of a cause. He's helped out all the area programs. I thought his 6th man role at the Warriors was good for him when they could manage his minutes until they needed him.

Another local kid who's brother I used to work with was a great 6 man. Kevin Gamble. LHS for a small Midwest school has turned out a lot of NBA players. Kevin came back and built a lot of nice low income housing. Something about LHS basketball produces a lot of good community minded men. Great coaches.

"It doesn't have to be difficult to be cool" - Mitch Towne

"A great musician can bring tears to your eyes!!!

So can a auto Mechanic." - Stokes Hunt

My son just told me Memphis is just buying out his contract and Andre is going to the Lakers instead. That might be cool if they get enough quality role guys.

I have really lost interest in the NBA when I start seeing what these guys are getting paid. I just can't bring myself to root for someone who may be ( with the right investments or something similar) on their way to becoming a billionaire.

Watching Stephen A. Smith despair about the Knicks never really gets old.

It's starts with the top. The owner sucks. I wouldn't go there just for the way Dolan treated Charles Oakley. Plus isn't the tax climate in New York kind of punitive if you are in an upper bracket? Same situation in Chicago. Gar-Pax needs to Go. Plus with Illinois broke all the tax increases that just went into effect you can sign for the same money elsewhere like Tennessee and take home a lot more money. Bulls better build through draft because no one elite would want to come here. Plus winter is F'ing cold.

...and the Nets will still suck. Theyre cursed.:evil:

dB

the Nets ARE cursed, maybe not as badly as the dumpster fire that resides in Madison Square Garden, but close.....it's always interesting to me what drives these guys. Cash, to certain extent, but ANYWHERE a guy like KD goes he's gonna get PAID. Some of it is probably hubris as well, you know, "Oh I know the Nets have sucked since my DAD was a kid, but I can take them to the promised land"....even though the situation in GS worked out pretty well for all. I STILL think after next year off for KD the following season probably results in maybe a 3 or 4 seed in the East and maybe an exit in the conference finals, which, let's face it, would be a remarkable achievement for Brooklyn....

Reports: 76ers complete four-team trade involving Butler

I don't know why the headline doesn't say he's going to the Heat, but that's the gist of it.

(The Rockets really wanted him, but I guess he doesn't have a big allegiance to playing for them, since this is the second time in two years he's gone elsewhere. I'm fine with that. The Rockets would have had to give up too much to get him anyway. Hopefully they can get someone else to add to the roster without blowing things up during free agency.)

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

Eh, you beat me to it.

"Kawhi Leonard, a two-time NBA Finals MVP and Southern California native, will sign with the Clippers, spurning the Lakers"

More seismic activity in the Southland! Wow. The Clippers are now in the conversation for an NBA championship. Likely a good move for him. He's with a stable organization that has deep pockets, a strong cast of talented "blue-collar" players, and Paul George.

LA Times article

Meh. People can think what they want, all we know about Kawhi is that we don't know what he's thinking.

Masai is probably turning his eye to signing Giannis once Pascal and OG develop... his dream international team in the only international NBA city. ;)

It would be cool if all their players speak French on the court... :cool: