Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Gilmour's auction... WOW!!!

p90jr

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Good for David Gilmour, I hope he gets some of that money. Or did he give the money to charity? In both instances I applaud his decision.

As for me, I'd rather have a new Strat (for a discounted price of course). :cheers:

According to Gilmour every penny, 21 million, will be donated to ClientEarth.

"The global climate crisis is the greatest challenge that humanity will ever face." - David Gilmour

Also, he doesn't need another $21,000,000... he's loaded, lives like royalty and seems to be one who's being philosophical about the clock winding down on his days on the planet.

I watched a Gilmour concert a few years ago and he actually played Gretsch Duo Jets the entire time, which I'd never seen him with... but guess what, he sounded like his records... he sounded exactly like the parts he'd recorded with the Strats and Les Paul and Esquires and Teles... goes to show it's in the hands.

I watched a Gilmour concert a few years ago and he actually played Gretsch Duo Jets the entire time, which I'd never seen him with... but guess what, he sounded like his records... he sounded exactly like the parts he'd recorded with the Strats and Les Paul and Esquires and Teles... goes to show it's in the hands.

Goes to show he knows how to dial in his amp, effects and guitars so he sounds like what he wants to sound like.

Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: âNinety percent of everything is crapâ

My FLMS- Murphy's Music in Irving, Tx

http://murphysmusictx.com/

Aaaaannnd SOME of 'em can really afford it... !

Ask yourself- What Would Ren and Stimpy Do?

~ Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite ~

_ ___ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _

+1,000! :like:

Take care, Larryz

Wow some folks sure do like collecting.

Aaaaannnd SOME of 'em can really afford it... !

1. "It's only expensive if you can't afford it".

2. It's not fair. NOT FAIR!

:laugh::D

I give all respect to Dave Gilmour, for knowing that he can't take it with him, and realizing that it all may as well do some good, here and now.

"Monsters are real, and Ghosts are real too. They live inside us, and sometimes, they win." Stephen King

http://www.novparolo.com

https://thewinstonpsmithproject.bandcamp.com

I give all respect to Dave Gilmour, for knowing that he can't take it with him, and realizing that it all may as well do some good, here and now.

Indeed! :cool:

Egyptian pharaohs might disagree. I know IM being buried in a pyramid of all my stuff! Mainly because nobody I know will want it, and theyll just pile it up on my grave.

In all seriousness, I am trying to figure out what of all my my stuff has any kind of value, and how best to devise it. Because Im one of the only musicians in the family- and the youngest by a decade +, my guitars & associated gear will probably wind up being used to benefit some charity like Guitars for Vets, local school music programs, or maybe even individual underprivileged music students. The main question will be whether it will be outright gifts or in some kind of trust.

Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: âNinety percent of everything is crapâ

My FLMS- Murphy's Music in Irving, Tx

http://murphysmusictx.com/

Seems like at least as good a thang as EC's charitable efforts in his chosen area.

As for the "the value" of any object....that's always the use to which it's put [dig that Fred ! :cheers:]

which, need it be said, includes the joy it brought to others.

TBTold, I kinda hate folks that buy stuff to put on a shelf.

d=halfnote