Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Let's hear it!!! Post your music here!

I am posting this because of a conversation I had with a musician friend. I made some big statement about how you can't have a saxophone in a song anymore without it having a bunch of baggage attached to it, and how people (myself included) were moving to big brass as a result.

He said, "Tell me more, Mr. 'She like a saxophone.'"

That's a line from this song of mine. Mucho sax here-in. I sang higher then. This album did decently. My next one was better, but this one got me there.

Anyhoo. I wrote and sang and did the arrangements. This was kind of a sexy song in its own way. Enjoy.

[video:youtube]

This very pleasantly reminds me of the self-titled Warren Zevon album. Thanks for sharing (I realize Im a couple of months behind on this thread).

Samuel B. Lupowitz

Musician. Songwriter. Food Enthusiast. Bad Pun Aficionado.

• 3 weeks later...

I shared this on "Shameless Plugs" as well, but the music is free to enjoy, so hopefully that's cool.

Putting out three new tracks from my band Noon Fifteen this month, to coincide with three shows. We filmed the sessions with a 360 camera and this is the first of three results!

Different browsers and apps seem to handle the video differently, but embedded in the forum, or on YouTube or their app, you should be able to control the angle you're viewing throughout the video. It's super cool! Another new one coming this Friday, then Thursday the 25th. All three tracks are recorded and co-mixed by me, and I got to use a bunch of different keyboard toys from vintage to modern. I wrote this one, as well.

We're also releasing the tunes through our podcast, which is sort of a mashup of digital liner notes and goofy band banter. Hope y'all enjoy!

Samuel B. Lupowitz

Loved The Tick. Great song, solid performances, well-crafted tones, nice mix. The 3D camera was interesting. What it added in cool, it lost in detail--but not a fatal trade-off. Best of luck with this project.

“True terror is to wake up one morning and discover that your high school class is running the country.”
― Kurt Vonnegut

The 3D camera was interesting. What it added in cool, it lost in detail--but not a fatal trade-off.
Yes, it's definitely a lower-quality image than most of the video cameras I have lying around, but the cool factor wins (especially since I know it'll be watched on phones and tablets more often than big screens). I imagine it won't be too far in the future when the consumer-level devices like this can capture the detail of which pedals the guitarist is stepping on.

Loved The Tick. Great song, solid performances, well-crafted tones, nice mix.
Thank you for your kind words!

Samuel B. Lupowitz

Gone Not Forgotten is a dedication song, in memory of folks we once knew, now gone.

I composed/recorded all tracks, instruments on a Kronos. My final mix is hot- lots of bass and drums.

Gone Not Forgotten is a dark hybrid instrumental- cinematic, metal and electronica. It also is a hybrid of instruments, 2 bass guitars, 3 drum kits and 2 separate patterns, 2 six string guitars, piano, organ, strings etc etc

Thanks for listening.

Why fit in, when you were born to stand out ?

My Soundcloud with many originals:

[70's Songwriter]

Wanted to share the second of three new 360 videos I'm putting out this month with Noon Fifteen. The bassist wrote this one (he's one of my favorite songwriters). I got to play a bunch of things, including my Seaboard near the end. Hope you enjoy!

[video:youtube]wtTalNbnrjk

Samuel B. Lupowitz

• 2 weeks later...

air liquide - almost complete - over 16 hours of our music from 1991 till today.....

on spotify

or on itunezzzz

http://www.liquidskyberlin.com/uploads/8/2/4/5/8245388/air-liquide-aquarium_orig.jpg

in chaos it all started - in chaos it will end

*** the liquid sky network ***

liquid sky bandcamp

liquid sky artistcollective soundclown

patreon for the liquid sky reforesting project in portugal

giphy.gif

Hey homies. Got a new video from the same singer as a couple posts back. Let me know what you think!

I just stumbled upon your 2014 posting just now.

That was really well done.

The singer has a nice voice, but also there's something distinct or atypical about it which makes it interesting to listen to. This could never be fully enjoyed unless the other musicians cleared out a lot of space for her in which to play around. I'm sure that did not happen just by accident.

My new Latin jazz project is now available for downloading here: https://bluecoastmusic.com/doug-robinson/besos-ocultos#.XTaSd63Mwck

You can audition each track in its entirety for free. My best features are the organ solo in the title track (Besos Ocultos); acoustic piano on Comes Love; the organ solo on NYBlues and the lovely little solo on Coyote.

Doug Robinson

www.dougrobinson.com

All right, last one this month, until we drop our 25-minute mini rock opera in the fall. :smile: This is one of my tunes -- simple harmonically, but quite a bit went into nailing it down rhythmically. A lot of fun!

Samuel B. Lupowitz

For everyone who's got Spotify, here's a link to my artist page.

It's all instrumental piano stuff at the moment, so I'm a little nervous posting here among a bunch of fellow keyboard players, but, oh well.

You can also find me on Apple Music/iTunes if you just type in my name (Ben Thames, just as the username would lead you to believe)

• 2 weeks later...
I just stumbled upon your 2014 posting just now.

That was really well done.

The singer has a nice voice, but also there's something distinct or atypical about it which makes it interesting to listen to. This could never be fully enjoyed unless the other musicians cleared out a lot of space for her in which to play around. I'm sure that did not happen just by accident.

Hey, thanks harmonizer! Yeah, she was a lot of fun to play with, such an interesting sound. Very electronic influenced but she also often performed in very stripped down settings.

Got a new session from the current days just up, however. :keys:

So...nursers and I are the mods down below on the Songwriting and Composition Forum. If you feel inclined, please share some of you music there and help us get it going. Each of us have things to share and it's nice to discuss the "how to's"

Here's a DEMO REEL I put together a couple months ago. It has some original things and some concert footage of arrangements I've done for different folks. Anywho...you composer types stop by the S&C forum and we can bounce things off one another and talk about the nuts 'n bolts of it all.

• 2 weeks later...
So...nursers and I are the mods down below on the Songwriting and Composition Forum. If you feel inclined, please share some of you music there and help us get it going. Each of us have things to share and it's nice to discuss the "how to's"
Definitely want to take you up on that for my more songwriter-oriented material.

For now, here"s a tune my funk band has been working on for our upcoming studio release. Some fun (deceptively tricky) clav stuff!

Samuel B. Lupowitz

• 1 month later...
Nice playing David! I particularly liked your solo on Hivemind. Thanks for sharing.

Thanks Al, though if memory serves that solo belongs to Jonathan Cayer, the other keyboardist on the date! Hivemind is my tune and arrangement.

My Site

Nord Electro 5D, Novation Launchkey 61, Logic Pro X, Mainstage 3, lots of plugins, fingers, pencil, paper.

After 50 years of doubling on left hand bass I finally bought a fretless.....what a bitch for intonation, but a very sweet sound. I put the trio back together to celebrate on a cover of Fourplay's "Bali Run". This is also the first time I used the DJI Osmo Pocket to record both video and sound.

Jake

1967 B-3 w/(2) 122's, Nord C1w/Leslie 2101 top, Nord PedalKeys 27, Nord Electro 4D, IK B3X, QSC K12.2, Yamaha reface YC+CS+CP

"It needs a Hammond"