Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Doc (Jim) Pate maybe passed on on June 10th

I went to his Facebook page looked up his info found out he was from Salem Virginia and looked at the obits and sure enough a Jim Pate passed on June 10 as JL Hooker said on the other forum.

www.legacy.com/obituaries/local/virginia/salem/obituary-name-search/lastname/pate

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Man I hope not. We are friends on Facebook. It looks like Doc's daughter may have posted something on Doc's wife's page saying 'Maw Maw' passed 10 years ago and was sure she was in heaven helping Dad when he passed last week. But the post was sort of cryptic. It didn't exactly spell it out that Doc died.

"It doesn't have to be difficult to be cool" - Mitch Towne

"A great musician can bring tears to your eyes!!!

So can a auto Mechanic." - Stokes Hunt

Yes he is gone. Another daughter's profile pic is a picture of Doc with a In Living Memory frame. I hate this. I liked Jim.

"It doesn't have to be difficult to be cool" - Mitch Towne

"A great musician can bring tears to your eyes!!!

So can a auto Mechanic." - Stokes Hunt

Very sad news indeed. Thanks to you DBM and to JL for getting on Facebook along with CEB on the other forum and finding out the information for us. Right now I'm at a loss for words as Doc has been a great cyber friend of mine...My sincere condolences go out to all his friends and family. I know he's up there in the heavens playing some of his wonderful songs for us...

Rest in Peace Doc

Take care, Larryz

I found his daughter or grand daughter on Facebook, and posted the following message to her and family from all of us here.

"Hi, I am a computer forum friend of Jim Pate, and he has not been back on the forums since June 9, so I went to Salem Virginia obituaries and they say he died on June 10. All of his friends on the forums want to wish you and your family condolences. We all will remember him fondly. RIP Jim you was a good'un......"

Dang. He was running another forum http://talk-music.proboards.com and talked about being in the hospital because he was having trouble breathing and they couldn't figure it out. He had been posting less lately while he was in there.

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

I found his daughter or grand daughter on Facebook, and posted the following message to her and family from all of us here.

"Hi, I am a computer forum friend of Jim Pate, and he has not been back on the forums since June 9, so I went to Salem Virginia obituaries and they say he died on June 10. All of his friends on the forums want to wish you and your family condolences. We all will remember him fondly. RIP Jim you was a good'un......"

Thanks DBM

Take care, Larryz

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...