Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

I now officially love Sweetwater.

I was gone for a few days and when returning home my iMac wanted to update the firmware of my UAD Apollo 2. When it finished I had no sound. The meters showed activity, but nothing would come out of the mains or the headphone output. For two days I fought the thing thinking the update and messed up. Then I noticed the little power lights of my JBL monitors were not on. After some troubleshooting I found that a storm had come through while I was gone. Looks like a surge blew a plug in my surge protector, knocked out a monitor, took out the outputs of my UAD, and traveled to the other monitor and knocked it out. At least my iMac is okay but loosing a UAD Apollo 2 Quad after retirement is a big hit. I finally decided to call Sweetwater and ask if I should sent it to them or direct to UAD. The Sweetwater tech told me I could do it either way, but I was welcome to send it to them and they would forward it to UAD. It would take a bit longer, but there would be no added charge. Only shipping and the repair fee that UAD would charge. Then he said "Is the the one you bought a year ago?" I quickly answered yet. He informed me that I was still covered under the 2 year extended warranty and would only be out shipping. I asked if he could check on the JBL monitors and he said they are also covered. So what was going to be a big financial hit for this recently retired old man is now covered.

I also have the option to go to Gearfest and drop them off while there. I'm still debating this. I don't need to purchase anything and it is a loooonnnnggg drive, but I enjoy Gearfest. Is anyone else going this year? If I go I will be there on the Friday.

This post edited for speling.

My Sweetwater Gear Exchange Page

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Its mission critical to UNPLUG all your equipment when you are not going to be home. We get a lot of electrical storms in the spring and summer. Can't get hit if you're not plugged in.

Mike T.

Yamaha Motif ES8, Alesis Ion, Prophet 5 Rev 3.2, 1979 Rhodes Mark 1 Suitcase 73 Piano, Arp Odyssey Md III, Roland R-70 Drum Machine, Digitech Vocalist Live Pro. Roland Boss Chorus Ensemble CE-1.

sweetwater is THE BEST!

I will never buy non-boutique gear from any other merchant!

"I have constantly tried to deliver only products which withstand the closest scrutiny � products which prove themselves superior in every respect.�

Robert Bosch, 1919

They sell a lot of boutique gear, too.

Im talking about stuff from Vintage Vibe, Ken Rich and CEPCO

"I have constantly tried to deliver only products which withstand the closest scrutiny � products which prove themselves superior in every respect.�

Robert Bosch, 1919

Ive been buying and returning items every month.

I keep about 1500 in accounts receivable and eventually will have to keep something I buy.

But they never ask for the Candy Pouch back.

Brian V. is a great guy.

Magnus C350 + FMR RNP + Realistic Unisphere Mic

Sweetwater has treated me well over the years. I've had a few occasions where I wasn't satisfied with my purchase

Yes, other than the time they sent me an open box Kurzweil K2661 instead of a fresh brand new unit, I've been happy with their service.

When an eel hits your eye like a big pizza pie, that's a Moray.

Synthoid, I used to be a server at an Italian restaurant. We had to learn to sing

When the moon hits your eye, like a big pizza pie, It's your Birthday.

So whenever I see your signature, I have that tune stuck in my head for the next hour or so =)

Same here I buy all my gear from them. I bought a Juno D from them years ago and it bricked doing a firmware update. I had only had it a week. They replaced it even after I told them I did it. They said it never should have left without the latest firmware. And unlike Musicians Friend, I have ordered a couple guitars from them and not once did they come in damaged. Years ago I bought 2 guitars from Musicians Friend both arrived damaged. I sent them back, and when I got them back one of them was yet again damaged. I sent it back and said refund my money which they did. I then used that to buy the Juno from Sweetwater. I haven't used any other online dealer for music gear since. I have never had anything damaged by shipping since. Their shipping guys pack the stuff well. I have had items that didn't work as advertised, but they always made it right.

Boards: Kurzweil SP-6, Roland FA-08, VR-09, DeepMind 12

Modules: Korg Radias, Roland D-05, Bk7-m & Sonic Cell

I bought a board about a year ago that the usb connection was dead. They sent a new unit to me before I could get the broken one back to them.

Plus, SW always double-boxes their stuff, unlike MF. Then there's the Smarties!

Professional musician = great source of poverty.

Since we're spreading the Sweetwater love, I figured I'd chime in as I have an additional perspective to add.

As many of you have experienced, Sweetwater's customer service is phenomenal. They're just wonderful people to deal with and they really do go out of their way to do the right thing,

When I was manufacturing drawbar controllers, Sweetwater was my largest US retailer, so I also had a vendor relationship with them, and that was equally awesome, They were just a fantastic dealer to work with. Did not matter that I was a small little nobody manufacturer, they treated me as if I was a Yamaha or a Roland. I wish everybody did business the way Sweetwater does.

• 2 weeks later...
More love for Sweetwater. I play keyboards and guitar in one of the bands I am with. Thursday night at rehearsal the power supply for my Firehawk pedal board broke. I called Sweetwater Thursday morning to buy a new one. I was connected to service and they said you brought this a month ago it shouldn't have broken. They are sending me a new one at no charge and it should arrive at my house in Western Pennsylvania today in time for a studio session Monday. I am still waiting for the actual manufacturer to respond to me. Great service.