Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Love it, but...

One "problem" I'm having with the new forum is that posts aren't showing as unread for me. It used to have the folder colored when there were posts in the thread I had not read, and clicking on the title took me to the first unread post. Now, everything is being shown as read and clicking on the thread takes me to the first post.

What did I break now??? :pop:

Now, I am getting the colored folder indicator but when I click on the thread title I'm taken to the top of the page (at least it's the most recent page) but not to the first unread post. Safari on Mac. All the current versions.

Is anyone else having this problem? I tried Firefox and it was pretty much the same.

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually, I take that back. It only shows me the colored folders if I leave and come back. If I'm surfing the site, I'm not getting any indication that there are new posts in other threads except to look at the date and time of the last post.

I cleared my cookies for this domain, too.

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

Not having that problem, using a Mac Pro and Safari. I tried to post on SSS but do not get the New Thread button.
Dang. And I don't see the ability to even reply to a thread down there. I'm sure it's a permissions thing that dB doesn't realize because he has all-powerful admin privileges.

On iPad, which I first logged in, I saw unread posts, but as soon as I read one of them and went back out, they all showed up as read.

Dan

Acoustic/Electric stringed instruments ranging from 4 to 230 strings, hammered, picked, fingered, slapped, and plucked. Analog and Digital Electronic instruments, reeds, and throat/mouth.

I wish it would Bold new posts, now seems to just be a slight color change. Other issue for me is fonts are small which there was a layout that was good for those of us with old eyes.

I'm using a Win10 laptop using the Chrome browser. To make the font larger without over-sizing it for the page, I hit CTL and +

Numa Piano X73 /// Kawai ES920 /// Casio CT-X5000 /// Yamaha EW425

Yamaha Melodica and Alto Recorder

QSC K8.2 // JBL Eon One Compact // Soundcore Motion Boom Plus 

Win10 laptop i7 8GB // iPad Pro 9.7" 32GB

but when I click on the thread title I'm taken to the top of the page (at least it's the most recent page) but not to the first unread post

Same here. I see the new posts as bolded and slightly highlighted though.

Just noticed something disappeared that I miss. Before on a long thread of messages at the bottom would be a "Index" link which I could quickly go back to the list of topic. Now have to scroll back to the top and click on the forum name to go back. Sure be nice if that Index link would reappear at the end.

I've noticed the lack of the index link. I've been hitting the back button, but it's a bit lass than optimal.

I'm sure it's just a matter of time and this place will be just right.

"In the beginning, Adam had the blues, 'cause he was lonesome.

So God helped him and created woman.

Now everybody's got the blues."

Willie Dixon

I've noticed the lack of the index link. I've been hitting the back button, but it's a bit lass than optimal.

Try clicking on the words "Hop to" at the bottom of the page. It's like a Home button.

Moe

---

Try clicking on the words "Hop to" at the bottom of the page. It's like a Home button.

WE HAVE A WINNER!!!! :thu:

Excellent, thank you!