Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

OT: I Want This Car!

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Judging by the size of the built in luggage, you can fit a Roland Cube amp and two Yamaha Refaces aboard. The ultimate gigmobile.

Jake

1967 B-3 w/(2) 122's, Nord C1w/Leslie 2101 top, Nord PedalKeys 27, Nord Electro 4D, IK B3X, QSC K12.2, Yamaha reface YC+CS+CP

"It needs a Hammond"

I really don't care about cars. Nothing. I literally have 3 requirements 1) it has to drive, 2) I have to sit dry 3) my gear has to fit.

In agreement.

I am cheap on cars. Still have my 2008 Honda CRV, 100k mileage. Hope it goes to 200k.

Its worth $3,000 . whats great about this, my car insurance is cheap - zero collision coverage.

Insurance co's don't like me :D

And the feeling is mutual.

Why fit in, when you were born to stand out ?

My Soundcloud with many originals:

[70's Songwriter]

Minivan fan here -- my Dodge has seats that fold into the floor, so I can haul 6 passengers or a truckload of gear without too much fuss. However, a Dodge van does not come with a blonde as a regular option.

-Tom Williams

{First Name} {at} AirNetworking {dot} com

PC4-7, PX-5S, AX-Edge, PC361

Not seeing what makes her a great vlogger. She barely mentions that it's electric. But she goes on and on about how "what I love about this car is that it actually drives!"

I'm a huge electric car fan. We have 2 of them and couldn't be happier. Though you can always wish for more range, and you know that in 5 years your ecar's range will no longer be up to par. That's the curious thing about buying a "luxury" ecar is that it's functionality will decline at a rapid rate relative to the functionality of a gas car. Unless money is no object, best to buy something like a Chevy Bolt. It's functionality will decline too, but at least you didn't put a lot of money into the cosmetics.

Gigging: Crumar Mojo 61, Hammond SKPro

Home: Vintage Vibe 64

Minivan fan here -- my Dodge has seats that fold into the floor, so I can haul 6 passengers or a truckload of gear without too much fuss. However, a Dodge van does not come with a blonde as a regular option.

How long have you had it and how does it hold up?

Stow"n"Go is awesome, I always think it"s the perfect musician car, but reports about lack of reliability are a concern.

I'm getting too old for sports cars my knees and back can't handle it, probably the same for that car Barbie. Have my CRV, comfortable, covered storage and seats drop for bigger loads of gear. My best musician vehicle was my old 66 VW bus camper. I took out most the camper stuff to lighten the load and make a more space, but left the pull out bed and side cabinet, dam I miss my VW bus. I had a 1987 VW Golf GT and with the backseat folded down it was amazing how much stuff you could load in there.

Not seeing what makes her a great vlogger. She barely mentions that it's electric. But she goes on and on about how "what I love about this car is that it actually drives!"

I'm a huge electric car fan. We have 2 of them and couldn't be happier. Though you can always wish for more range, and you know that in 5 years your ecar's range will no longer be up to par. That's the curious thing about buying a "luxury" ecar is that it's functionality will decline at a rapid rate relative to the functionality of a gas car. Unless money is no object, best to buy something like a Chevy Bolt. It's functionality will decline too, but at least you didn't put a lot of money into the cosmetics.

Electric car fan here also, although we don"t have one yet. Test drove some recently and liked the Bolt for the price. Originally wanted a Tesla, but leaning away now. Our next vehicle will be electric of some brand.

Will never sell my summer roadster though. First year Z3, stored winters, only driven on nice days. I can"t ride motorcycles anymore due to rare bouts of extreme vertigo, so the roadster is my 'motorcycle" these days.

I would like to apologize to anyone I have not yet offended. Please be patient and I will get to you shortly.

I'm a huge electric car fan. We have 2 of them and couldn't be happier.

Likewise. It wasn"t more than a week into owning our first one that we were convinced we"d never own another internal combustion engine, and we got our second Tesla last year.

Though you can always wish for more range, and you know that in 5 years your ecar's range will no longer be up to par. That's the curious thing about buying a "luxury" ecar is that it's functionality will decline at a rapid rate relative to the functionality of a gas car.

Batteries do degrade with time, it"s true, but I"ve found that range anxiety is largely overblown. I never think about range at all except on a road trip, so unless you spend a lot of time on the road or don"t have a spot you can charge at night it"s largely a non-issue. In fact, I quickly realized that I had a lot more issues in practice with a gasoline powered vehicle. Should I stop to refuel even though it"s cold and raining? Or gamble that it"ll be nicer tomorrow? Or can I get by one more day without getting gas? With an electric I never think about it: I plug in when I get home, and that"s the end of it.

I"ve also been amazed at the lengths Tesla has gone to keep updating software on older vehicles. I keep getting new features on our nearly seven years-old Model S. Nothing that requires new hardware, of course, but all the other refinements and creature comforts keep on coming. I can"t say I ever had that experience with any prior vehicle. Heck, if I wanted to keep my maps up date there was a charge for that from most manufacturers.

Acoustic: Shigeru Kawai SK-7 ~ Breedlove C2/R

MIDI: Kurzweil Forte ~ Sequential Prophet X ~ Yamaha CP88 ~ Expressive E Osmose

Electric: Schecter Solo Custom Exotic ~ Chapman MLB1 Signature Bass

Stow"n"Go is awesome, I always think it"s the perfect musician car, but reports about lack of reliability are a concern.

I had a used 2008 Chrysler Town and Country (essentially same thing) from 2013 to 2018. After 150,000 miles it started to age rapidly, and it felt like I was replacing the brakes every other month. In October 2018, around 165,000 miles, I hit a deer, totaled the T&C, and replaced it with a 2017 Grand Caravan I bought from a car rental company. (Thus, I reasoned, it was babied for the first 50,000 miles of its life.) So far, it's been an absolute joy to drive. Consumer Reports' main complaint about the Grand Caravan was that it hadn't been updated in years -- to which I say "So what, if it's already good?"

-Tom Williams

I don't need a sexy car. I need a Model X. Went to a Tesla mall store last week and was blown away. Saving up.

9 Moog things, 3 Roland things, 2 Hammond things and a computer with stuff on it

I agree with you. I would have appreciated more information and less "wide eyed amazement."

But seriously, there's no way I could own such a car... but it's fun to look. :)

When an eel hits your eye like a big pizza pie, that's a Moray.

I had a used 2008 Chrysler Town and Country (essentially same thing) from 2013 to 2018. After 150,000 miles it started to age rapidly, and it felt like I was replacing the brakes every other month. In October 2018, around 165,000 miles, I hit a deer, totaled the T&C, and replaced it with a 2017 Grand Caravan I bought from a car rental company. (Thus, I reasoned, it was babied for the first 50,000 miles of its life.) So far, it's been an absolute joy to drive. Consumer Reports' main complaint about the Grand Caravan was that it hadn't been updated in years -- to which I say "So what, if it's already good?"

Thanks, Tom. I drove a couple of rental T&C's and Caravans, and always liked them. But with CA gas prices at $4/gallon I'm not sure it makes sense for me.

I'll hold on to my '05 FX until repairs stop making sense, but for now it's still running like a champ (180K miles and counting).

I'd like to get an EV, but it doesn't make sense unless you can install a fast charger at your home. To me that means home ownership first.

Get those gas cars off the road!

In fact, get cars in general off the road. Get everyone on bikes.

And yes, every gig will have a pristine backline B3, acoustic and electric pianos, and a variety of other goodies.

The day that railroad passenger service is widely available to the extent of the 1930s, I will gladly ditch my car. Back then you could hop on a train anywhere.

That car reminds me of the rare film "Hammersmith Is Out," starring Elizabeth Taylor and Richard Burton. At one point, a psychiatrist in it refers to a Corvette as a "500-horsepower suppository." Its a beautiful piece of design and engineering, but what I enjoy the most about them is watching videos of unprepared idiots hitting the gas and spinning one into a light pole. Its too much like owning one of the TWO ConBrio synths that were ever built. :Python:

"I want to be an intellectual, but I don't have the brainpower.
  The absent-mindedness, I've got that licked."
        ~ John Cleese

but what I enjoy the most about them is watching videos of unprepared idiots hitting the gas and spinning one into a light pole.

This Arab prince has all the supercars in the world and is going to try his hand at F1, it does not end well:

[video:youtube]PUAnq4LnkbY

And this dude just took possession of his Bugatti Veyron:

[video:youtube]4NJmB1F2mdE

1961-Jaguar-E-Type-1745-37.jpg

Find 660 of my jazz piano arrangements of standards for educational purposes and tutorials at www.Patreon.com/HarryLikas Harry was the Technical Editor of Mark Levine's "The Jazz Theory Book" and helped develop "The Jazz Piano Book."

Complex topic. Ex-car guy, now in rehab. At the peak we had 9 different vehicles. Car issues are a thing. We're better now, thank you.

My wife and I are road trippers. We often do 700+ miles in a day, so EVs are not our friends at present. Unless we want to hang out for multiple recharges during the day. Nope. Fix that part of the equation, we'll be huge fans.

We have a real estate business -- and I do the band thing -- and we both sometimes need to haul gear. Nothing beats something like a well used F-150 with a shell on it. No distance involved, but dang the amount of stuff you can cram into one. Like six pallets of floor tiles. Or a full band PA and light show.

Also a road tripper when needed. Very comfy. Room for the dogs as well. Big works for us. No EV option yet.

As far as fun cars, we're both sort of aging out. I've had a string of outrageous Porsches, all gone in favor of far more practical vehicles. The wife's Mercedes SL550 is still horsepower fun. When you realize most of your car trips are to the grocery store or the airport, you quickly conclude that 500 hp might be more than you need.

But cars can certainly be engaging. Gas, electric -- they all are bringing super game.

Want to make your band better?  Check out "A Guide To Starting (Or Improving!) Your Own Local Band"

Re: minivan fuel efficiency -- getting better all the time with computerized 6 gear automatic transmission, at this point probably more efficient than standard stick. My Caravan seems to be getting a good 25% better efficiency than the decade-older T&C, despite the fact that the former has a peppier engine for passing.

Re: electric cars -- remember, if you drive an electric car east of the Mississippi, it is probably running on coal. The clean power of an electric is largely illusory.

-Tom Williams

My wife and I are road trippers. We often do 700+ miles in a day, so EVs are not our friends at present. Unless we want to hang out for multiple recharges during the day. Nope. Fix that part of the equation, we'll be huge fans.

That can be a deal-breaker, but it depends on how and why you do road trips. If you"re looking to put in as many miles as possible as fast as possible, like if you run the same route all the time, then electric definitely has serious drawbacks and is likely out of the running. If you don"t mind a slightly more leisurely pace and stop for a coffee or a meal a couple of times, though? It"s a different story.

Most people think of recharging as hanging out at a gas station for half an hour, only it"s not like that at all. We"ve driven up and down the West Coast numerous times from Vancouver BC to San Diego and they"ve been some of the most enjoyable road trips ever. You stop at a supercharger, plug in, and wander off to find a diner or a Starbucks. You can keep an eye on the charging process or get notified when it"s time to return, refreshed, and get on your way. It"s not for everyone, but it works well for us.

Re: electric cars -- remember, if you drive an electric car east of the Mississippi, it is probably running on coal. The clean power of an electric is largely illusory.

The exact details do vary state to state, but it"s getting better faster than most people realize. Even if you just burn gasoline in a stationary generator, you get roughly twice the efficiency of an internal combustion engine out of a gas turbine, and a fixed plant can do a better job of capturing emissions than a moving vehicle.

Acoustic: Shigeru Kawai SK-7 ~ Breedlove C2/R

MIDI: Kurzweil Forte ~ Sequential Prophet X ~ Yamaha CP88 ~ Expressive E Osmose

Electric: Schecter Solo Custom Exotic ~ Chapman MLB1 Signature Bass

Is the girl included?

:laugh:

[video:youtube]

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

The exact details do vary state to state, but it"s getting better faster than most people realize. Even if you just burn gasoline in a stationary generator, you get roughly twice the efficiency of an internal combustion engine out of a gas turbine, and a fixed plant can do a better job of capturing emissions than a moving vehicle.

My understanding also. A petroleum powered engine designed and engineered to run at a single fixed rpm, can be highly tuned to burn fuel far more efficiently than an engine that must perform over a wider rpm range of, say, 600 to 6000 rpm or more.

I would like to apologize to anyone I have not yet offended. Please be patient and I will get to you shortly.

Was invited to drive a friends Fiat all electric car... Fiat 500 something or other... I was shocked that though small, it was fun, with a heavy door, nice visibility and fast acceleration. Complete surprise.

These cars that are low to the ground are no fun for visibility. No fun for scraping on the awful roads we have. Stiff suspensions are no fun when you encounter a hole in the road.

Visibility is close to a number one feature in a car.

I am a "spirited" driver, and a tiny short car is the best for cutting in and out of traffic.

My second fastest car was a 2005 Subaru STI 300 hp w 6 speeds.

But my fastest, was a Datsun 280 Z.. Ask me why!

You don't have ideas, ideas have you

We see the world, not as it is, but as we are. "One mans food is another mans poison". I defend your right to speak hate. Tolerance to a point, not agreement

remember, if you drive an electric car east of the Mississippi, it is probably running on coal.

Tesla's new truck:

http://media.treehugger.com/assets/images/2011/10/2007-12-22_085417-coaltanker.jpg

When an eel hits your eye like a big pizza pie, that's a Moray.