Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

A-100 Chop

Assuming it's in good working condition, and you're not a rabid anti-choppite, would you pay 1200 for a chopped A-100, delivered, even if you don't really need-need it?

*I have a B-2 and a few clones, but have always been intrigued with the A-100, mainly because it has some goodies my B-2 lacks.

Hammond B-2, Leslie 122, Hammond Sk1 73, Korg BX3 2001, Leslie 900, Motion Sound Pro 3, Polytone Taurus Elite, Roland RD300 old one, Roland VK7, Fender Rhodes Mark V with Roland JC90

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes.

This is just the kind of support I was looking for, yearning for, begging for.

Hammond B-2, Leslie 122, Hammond Sk1 73, Korg BX3 2001, Leslie 900, Motion Sound Pro 3, Polytone Taurus Elite, Roland RD300 old one, Roland VK7, Fender Rhodes Mark V with Roland JC90

Yes.

This is just the kind of support I was looking for, yearning for, begging for.

Well, you did ask a yes or no question. ;)

As a rabid anti-choppist, I die a little inside when an A or B is chopped (unless it's one of the A-102 French Provincial monstrosities. Those need to be chopped to the last unit ;) ).

Also, does it have pedal connectors? And, if it has the original preamp and not a Trek, does it utilize the original expression pedal or is it just a Morley volume pedal? Thats a deal-breaker for me.

Endorsing Artist/Ambassador for MAG Organs and Motion Sound Amplifiers, Organ player for SRT - www.srtgroove.com

I have an A-100. I confess that the other variations are not attractive to my eye. That said, if I didn't have my A-100 and one of the others came up for a good price, I'd probably be all over it. Any A/B/C series Hammond is better than no Hammond.

Grey

I'm not interested in someone's ability to program. I'm interested in their ability to compose and play.

What leslie are you planning to run it through? If it's not a tube leslie you won't get the full experience.

Thanks all for the input guys. The Leslie is the 900.

I've decided against it. The Korg BX3--Vent for 0-drive--Leslie 900 is a pretty nice rig. I cannot justify the expense. Plus I have a B-2/122 which is the go-to