Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

NEW FORUM: Bugs?

iPad version: is it possible to increase the padding on the margins and increase the leading of the default font. This will fix up the cluttered appearance of posts, avatars bumping into the left edge, unnecessary scrolling to read content on the right.

EDIT - the desktop version is displayed all the way to the left while the right margin is too wide. Can the page be centered in the space or equal padding set up on both sides.

AND - quotation marks, apostrophes are displaying as question marks in black diamonds in Mac OS / iOS Safari.

Here for the gear.

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not a bug, but I miss the gridlines around the categories (Thread Title, Replies, Views, Last Post); the visual boundaries help make things more readable/easier on the eyes.

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing."

- George Bernard Shaw

Not a bug, but I miss the gridlines around the categories (Thread Title, Replies, Views, Last Post); the visual boundaries help make things more readable/easier on the eyes.

Fully concur. This layout makes it unreadable for me. :( Once in the topic all is well. it's topic screen that is VERY hard on the eyes.

David

Gig Rig:Casio Privia PX-5S | Yamaha MODX+ 6 | MacBook Pro 14" M1| Mainstage

Thanks guys - keep them coming!

PLEASE NOTE that everything here may noit be rersponded to in this thread/right away...but Jim knows the thread is here.

He's one man and is up to his ears in post-migration/upgrade stuff at the moment, so everything may not get fixed quickly...but we'll do our best to get to everything asap.

dB

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

I just posted in Dave Ferris' thread about cataract surgery, and used larger text to wish him a happy birthday. In Safari/Mac (I haven't tried another browser yet), the text is cut off on the top.

https://forums.musicplayer.com/ubbthreads.php/topics/2994445/re-third-day-after-cataract-surgery#Post2994445

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

Not a bug, but I get a 'Not a Secure Site' type warning at log in. I would think that securing the site would be kind of a high priority.

I took a screenshot of the log in page, but don't see a way to 'attach' it to the post.

Just read that I should click the 'attachment manager', but I don't think it's available when editing a post.

I'll try another new post.

Nope - just tried 'use full editor' for a 'new post' and still don't see an attachment manager, unless I'm staring right at it and don't see it. :blush:

Only me having the apostrophe substituted by a white question mark on black background? Using Safari on iPad in Norway.

Not just you. There are a bunch of my posts from the old site that now exhibit similar issues (this one, for example, and other posts on the same page which exhibit the problem.)

Chances are it"s because iOS and macOS automatically use 'smart quotes' on text entry, converting the normal ASCII characters to extended Unicode versions to distinguish between open and close quotes, and between a straight apostrophe and the curly equivalent. New posts appear to be fine, but the conversion process left a lot of ugly reinterpretations in its wake.

Acoustic: Shigeru Kawai SK-7 ~ Breedlove C2/R

MIDI: Kurzweil Forte ~ Sequential Prophet X ~ Yamaha CP88 ~ Expressive E Osmose

Electric: Schecter Solo Custom Exotic ~ Chapman MLB1 Signature Bass

I just posted this in another thread. I don't know if it's working for anyone else, but if it does then :love:

ð¤£

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

No really, no one wants to talk about the fact that emoji might actually work?

ðð¾ ð ð£ ð©

UCChPW9

File type is .png. I think you need to convert to jpg.

UBB handles most image formats fine, it's the fact that Mr. Insects didn't use a direct link to the image file but rather the imgur page itself. Here is what he meant to do:

[img=https://i.imgur.com/m8n0NlE.png]

m8n0NlE.png

ðð¾ ð ð£ ð©

ð¤¯

Probably not a bug, but a feature I miss is the "Posts" feature under "My Stuff" in the old forum. I used it to quickly check for activity on whatever threads I was participating in on the rare occasions when something (like work) limited my time on KC.

It's still there. Click your username on the upper right. You'll see a little speech bubble with number of posts next to it. Click that and it will take you to a list of all your posts.

Truly exciting, but also utterly dependent on the recipient having a device that contains the emoji set you"re using. The 'mind blown' emoji someone responded with, for example, wasn"t added to the standard until 2017 so anyone with an older OS definitely won"t see it. It becomes something of a minefield and fragmented experience ... but a fun one, for all that! ð¥³

Acoustic: Shigeru Kawai SK-7 ~ Breedlove C2/R

MIDI: Kurzweil Forte ~ Sequential Prophet X ~ Yamaha CP88 ~ Expressive E Osmose

Electric: Schecter Solo Custom Exotic ~ Chapman MLB1 Signature Bass

A temporary accommodation of the hard left "centering" can be implemented by opening the sidebar where Bookmarks are displayed if you use Firefox.

It shifts the layout over about 2 inches.

I didn't anticipate how I would feel so much better with this where it belongs.

Before :crazy: After :laugh:

Probably not a bug, but a feature I miss is the "Posts" feature under "My Stuff" in the old forum. I used it to quickly check for activity on whatever threads I was participating in on the rare occasions when something (like work) limited my time on KC.

It's still there. Click your username on the upper right. You'll see a little speech bubble with number of posts next to it. Click that and it will take you to a list of all your posts.

Way cool. Thanks Richie!

Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.

-Mark Twain

Bug, I believe:

More often than not, when I return to topics with new postings, I am sent to the first post, rather than the first unread post. I haven't cleared my cache, nor am I browsing anonymously.

-Tom Williams

{First Name} {at} AirNetworking {dot} com

PC4-7, PX-5S, AX-Edge, PC361

yea, I'm not getting the unread posts like I used to either.

Triton Extreme 76, Kawai ES3, GEM-RPX, HX3/Drawbar control, MSI Z97

MPower/4790K, Lynx Aurora 8/MADI/AES16e, OP-X PRO, Ptec, Komplete.

Ashley MX-206. future MOTU M64 RME Digiface Dante for Mon./net

As much as I totally get how convenient it would be, we've chosen not to engage the attachments function.

A) We don't want to pay for the space to host them, and

B) We don't want to have to check each one/be legally responsible for them.

Besides...we're all used to the off-site hosting photo thing... :idk:

dB

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

As much as I totally get how convenient it would be, we've chosen not to engage the attachments function.

A) We don't want to pay for the space to host them, and

B) We don't want to have to check each one/be legally responsible for them.

Besides...we're all used to the off-site hosting photo thing... :idk:

"Used to" seems a bit strong. :roll:

I'm now seeing a number in parenthesis in the topic lists that I believe shows the number of unread posts in a thread. That's a good start. I'm still hoping that we'll get back to being taken to the first unread post and having visiting one thread wiping our unread info in all the others, but this helps. :thu:

ARGHH!

My style is to cruise the posts, and opportunistically post replies. I got a "300 second wait" message just now. Errr, that's five minutes between replies. Not exactly productive for speedsters like me. Can we adjust that parameter?

Want to make your band better?  Check out "A Guide To Starting (Or Improving!) Your Own Local Band"

I prefer no avatars. It fits more postings on the screen. However, when avatars are turned off in preferences, all postings sport a 140px by 140px blank avatar with a letter in it corresponding to the first letter of the posters handle. Is there a way to make avatars truly disappear when "no" is selected?