Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Welcome to the (new) Music Player Network!

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The new look and feel is GREAT!

HEARTFELT, PROFOUND THANKS to Dave, Joe and all parties who made this happen!

"I have constantly tried to deliver only products which withstand the closest scrutiny � products which prove themselves superior in every respect.�

Robert Bosch, 1919

Absence makes the heart grow fonder. Didn't realize how much I missed this Forum until it wasn't there.

Ain't that the truth! Thanks and great job everyone!

Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.

-Mark Twain

Thanks for all the hard work! Love this forum, as someone else said, my favorite place to be non-productive. And by far my favorite forum, the quality of posters here and the general geneality is unmatched, makes me proud to be a keyboard player!

On the Nord User Forum (https://www.norduserforum.com/) there is a "Thanks" button you can click, but no "Like" button. Somehow I find it more fitting to have a "Thanks" button than a "Like" button.

I agree, sometimes there are posts that I want to acknowledge, but the "Like" nomination harks of Facebook. A little 'Thanks' cheese for the clever mice however helps to activate the pleasure / reward centers, well deserved by many of our posters!

Numa Piano X73 /// Kawai ES920 /// Casio CT-X5000 /// Yamaha EW425

Yamaha Melodica and Alto Recorder

QSC K8.2 // JBL Eon One Compact // Soundcore Motion Boom Plus 

Win10 laptop i7 8GB // iPad Pro 9.7" 32GB

Great job, guys!

Is anyone else seeing question marks instead of certain punctuation? I"m viewing on an iPad/Safari.

EDIT: here"s an example;

http://a63.tinypic.com/a308cy.jpg

The fact there's a Highway To Hell and only a Stairway To Heaven says a lot about anticipated traffic numbers

People only say "It's a free country" when they're doing something shitty-Demetri Martin

Great job, guys!

Is anyone else seeing question marks instead of certain punctuation? I"m viewing on an iPad/Safari.

There's a thread for bugs, you can post these things there. However, it has been mentioned, especially by our non-English speaking members.

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

Question: would it be easy to implement a post count for the individual thread?

Of course there's the listing in the header of every post of how many total posts have been made in the forum, but I'm pretty sure that for most of us knowing the relative number of approximately 3 million posts is not a useful number in any way. But even if that number stayed, it WOULD be helpful to see the number of posts in a particular thread.

Esp with longer threads that go on for many pages, threads that you might come back to 'cause you didn't read the whole thread. Knowing that you have read the 37th post of a thread that goes on for another 100 posts would help in finding your way back to where you left off. And, if you're using different devices, the page count will probably not be consistent from device to device, so knowing it's the 37th post in a thread is more useful than knowing the page number of the thread.

THANK YOU for the nicely spaced right and left arrow showing page numbers (allowing you to go to the next page without hitting the exact number). Navigation made just a bit easier!

Numa Piano X73 /// Kawai ES920 /// Casio CT-X5000 /// Yamaha EW425

Yamaha Melodica and Alto Recorder

QSC K8.2 // JBL Eon One Compact // Soundcore Motion Boom Plus 

Win10 laptop i7 8GB // iPad Pro 9.7" 32GB

Many thanks for the hard work by the inmates. I've learned a lot from this forum through the years and am grateful to see it live on. I'm glad y'all stuck to the familiar forum layout with added benefits like automatic image re-sizing, etc.

I have one additional recommendation; I would like to be able to click on an Avatar and make it bigger, most especially those of CEB's which highlight the attributes of the fairer sex . ;)

Gigs: Nord 5D 73, Kurz PC4-7 & SP4-7, Hammond SK1, Yamaha MX88 & P121, Numa Compact 2x, Casio CGP700, QSC K12, Yamaha DBR10, JBL515xt(2). Alto TS310(2)

Thanks to all involved for keeping the forum going and upgrading it to boot! :thu: :thu: :thu:

It seems that the search function is improved as well... can anyone confirm if that was indeed part of the upgrade?

MainStage; Hammond SK1-73; Roland XP-80, JV-90, JV-1080, JV-1010, AX-1; Korg microSAMPLER;

Boss DR-880; Beat Buddy; Neo Instruments Ventilator; TC Electronic ND-1 Nova Delay

Great job, guys!

There's a thread for bugs, you can post these things there. However, it has been mentioned, especially by our non-English speaking members.

Those have shown up not just on unusual punctuation like â¢, but also even on some apostrophes (apostrophi?).

I'd say if you see 'em in your own posts, just replace them.

BTW - I extended the time period that folks have to edit their own posts. About time...

dB

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

Just have to throw my 2 cents in with an additional 'THANK YOU'. I'm amazed you upgraded / migrated everything while keeping the old post counts and look preserved. It feels like the same KC. I know this took a ton of work and it's not like anyone is getting crazy $$ to do that work. I value this place immensely.

Kawai C-60 Grand Piano : Hammond A-100 : Hammond SK2 : Yamaha CP4 : Yamaha Montage 7 : Moog Sub 37

My latest album: Funky organ, huge horn section

https://bobbycressey.bandcamp.com/album/cali-native

Thanks for all the hard work! Love this forum, as someone else said, my favorite place to be non-productive. And by far my favorite forum, the quality of posters here and the general geneality is unmatched, makes me proud to be a keyboard player!

On the Nord User Forum (https://www.norduserforum.com/) there is a "Thanks" button you can click, but no "Like" button. Somehow I find it more fitting to have a "Thanks" button than a "Like" button.

I agree, sometimes there are posts that I want to acknowledge, but the "Like" nomination harks of Facebook. A little 'Thanks' cheese for the clever mice however helps to activate the pleasure / reward centers, well deserved by many of our posters!

another option would be Upvote and Downvote. Dont know if that option is available or not. If you only have Likes, youre only seeing one side of the picture. Pros and cons to this type of feature, but having it might unlock some value and drive useful posting behavior. For example, I tend to post silly off topic stuff. If I see a bunch of downvotes, I would probably post a lot less of those!

Some music I've recorded and played over the years with a few different bands

Tommy Rude Soundcloud