Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Welcome to the (new) Music Player Network!

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I"m delighted to see the forum back up and running. I may not have been a prolific poster here, but it"s hard to deny to quality of conversation I"ve been witness to. I can get my technical indulgence elsewhere but this group provides the perspective of a gigging keyboardist that"s not nearly as well represented anywhere else. Not that I fit that description, but it"s good to have somewhere to come that discussing chord progressions and comparing hammer actions seems like a more welcome topic than another rehash of analog vs. digital.

Thanks to the moderators and administrators who keep the place running under less than ideal conditions! You even managed to preserve outside links into individual threads from 'the old place.' Nicely done.

Acoustic: Shigeru Kawai SK-7 ~ Breedlove C2/R

MIDI: Kurzweil Forte ~ Sequential Prophet X ~ Yamaha CP88 ~ Expressive E Osmose

Electric: Schecter Solo Custom Exotic ~ Chapman MLB1 Signature Bass

Thank you gentlemen so much for your endless effort to keep this forum alive!!! May I be the first to Congratulate you with a BEER!!!! It's on me!!!

Jimmy

Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others. Groucho

NEW BAND CHECK THEM OUT

www.steveowensandsummertime.com

www.jimmyweaver.com

Wow, huge congrats and thanks to everyone involved!

It could simply be a placebo, but the forum is feeling a good bit snappier (loading, replying etc.) from this end!

Cheers,

James

x

Employed by Kawai Japan, however the opinions I express are my own.
Nord Electro 3 & occasional rare groove player.

Thanks for all the work put into this.

Is there much change in functionality with the new version?

I recall a thread soliciting suggestions not long ago.

aka âmisterdregsâ

Nord Electro 5D 73

Yamaha P105

Kurzweil PC3LE7

Motion Sound KP200S

Schimmel 6-10LE

QSC CP-12

Westone AM Pro 30 IEMs

Rolls PM55P

Is there much change in functionality with the new version?

I recall a thread soliciting suggestions not long ago.

Some things changed because we revved up. I don't have a list...but some of them are evident, like auto resizing of photos.

There are other things that we can now change if we want to...

dB

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

Let me join the chorus of thanks to Jim, Dave, and anyone else involved in this massive undertaking!

Might it be possible to add a 'like' button one day?

If there's an option for it in the latest version of the UBB software.

Will see if I can find it.

Looking at the UBB features, a "like" button doesn't appear in the list. I did find a thread in a UBB developers forum about a button being worked on, but the post was from 4 years ago.

Any thoughts about implementing the attachment or photo gallery features? And enabling the ability to upload avatars (instead of linking to a url)

Some people are moving away from Like buttons and similar features because they encourage people to post things to collect likes, and because they reduce actual engagement. For instance, if a post gets Liked, does it bump the thread? Whereas replying does, and it"s a real response.

I"m not saying I"m against the idea, but I think we should consider how the change might affect the forum. I like the convenience of simply clicking Like, but I don"t like when it doesn"t boost threads.

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

Any thoughts about implementing the attachment or photo gallery features? And enabling the ability to upload avatars (instead of linking to a url)

I was looking into the attachment thing. I believe it gets a bit sticky in terms of us being legally responsible for the content. :idk:

We can't turn the Gallery feature on even if we wanted to. The Control Panel is very specific in that area. A forum has to be set up with that activated from the beginning with that turned on - can't be done retroactively.

dB

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

dB

Thanks for securing the future of our community, Dave and all others who made it happen.

FWIW,I kind like that posts can"t be upvoted or downvoted. It creates a different atmosphere.

I would like to see quote notifications, though.

Great to see it's back! :thu: Big thanks to Dave and all involved in keeping this mighty ship afloat. I seriously wouldn't know where else to go for reliable keyboard knowledge if this place didn't exist. Hopefully it will outlive me! :laugh:

><>

Steve

You guys are my heroes! Thanks for all your hard work and dedication to keeping this place alive!

Hardware:
Yamaha
: MODX7 | Korg: Kronos 88, Wavestate | ASM: Hydrasynth Deluxe | Roland: Jupiter-Xm, Cloud Pro, TD-9K V-Drums | Alesis: StrikePad Pro|
Behringer: Crave, Poly D, XR-18, RX1602 | CPS: SpaceStation SSv2 | 
Controllers: ROLI RISE 49 | Arturia KeyLab Essentials 88, KeyLab 61, MiniLab | M-Audio KeyStation 88 & 49 | Akai EWI USB |
Novation LaunchPad Mini, |
Guitars & Such: Line 6 Variax, Helix LT, POD X3 Live, Martin Acoustic, DG Strat Copy, LP Sunburst Copy, Natural Tele Copy|
Squier Precision 5-String Bass | Mandolin | Banjo | Ukulele

Software:
Recording
: MacBook Pro | Mac Mini | Logic Pro X | Mainstage | Cubase Pro 12 | Ableton Live 11 | Monitors: M-Audio BX8 | Presonus Eris 3.5BT Monitors | Slate Digital VSX Headphones & ML-1 Mic | Behringer XR-18 & RX1602 Mixers | Beyerdynamics DT-770 & DT-240
Arturia: V-Collection 9 | Native Instruments: Komplete 1 Standard | Spectrasonics: Omnisphere 2, Keyscape, Trilian | Korg: Legacy Collection 4 | Roland: Cloud Pro | GForce: Most all of their plugins | u-he: Diva, Hive 2, Repro, Zebra Legacy | AAS: Most of their VSTs |
IK Multimedia: SampleTank 4 Max, Sonik Synth, MODO Drums & Bass | Cherry Audio: Most of their VSTs |

dB

LIKE!! ððð

"Turn your fingers into a dust rag and keep them keys clean!" ;) Bluzeyone