Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

NEW FORUM: Bugs?

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

One "problem" I'm having with the new forum is that posts aren't showing as unread for me. It used to have the folder colored when there were posts in the thread I had not read, and clicking on the title took me to the first unread post. Now, everything is being shown as read and clicking on the thread takes me to the first post.

What did I break now??? :pop:

More here

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

Probably not a bug, but I don't love the way the forum is at the hard left of the browser window.

I can't post in SSS either. I don't see New Topic, and there's no reply box in the threads.

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

Probably not a bug, but I don't love the way the forum is at the hard left of the browser window.

We have to remove the old logos, put in a new one, etc.

New one isn't done yet.

I can't post in SSS either. I don't see New Topic, and there's no reply box in the threads.

I appear to be the only one who can - not sure why. I can't change Craig's status either.

Jim is napping currently (well deserved, I might add). He'll fix...

dB

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

Does NOT work well on mobile (safari, specifically). Not getting the whole page in the screen, have to scroll sideways even to read everything I"m typing just now. Seems a bit cluttered on the homepage. Is great on desktop.

Hammond SKX

Mainstage 3

Didn't take long to find everything, looks good, thanks Dave n all.

Might give it some time for the dust to settle before pic'n at it.

Triton Extreme 76, Kawai ES3, GEM-RPX, HX3/Drawbar control, MSI Z97

MPower/4790K, Lynx Aurora 8/MADI/AES16e, OP-X PRO, Ptec, Komplete.

Ashley MX-206. future MOTU M64 RME Digiface Dante for Mon./net

Something around the scandinavian letters like æ ø å ( I know, not so meaningful for you US folks, still part of my name :taz: )

- Edit : strange, show up here, but my signature looks funny - should be "Bjørn"

/Bjørn - old gearjunkie, still with lot of GAS

For me (Win 10, Chrome), if I'm reading a thread and click the Chrome bookmark to get back to the main forum page, all thread are then marked as read. Didn't work that way on the old forum... all thread remained marked unread until I actually read them.

I'm not sure if this is a bug or intended, however I'm seeing a horizontal scrollbar at the bottom of my browser window, which remains even after I expand the width of the window.

Win7/Firefox:

http://i63.tinypic.com/2d3sdh.png

Win7/Chrome:

http://i67.tinypic.com/1ghr9w.png

Cheers,

James

x

Employed by Kawai Japan, however the opinions I express are my own.
Nord Electro 3 & occasional rare groove player.

For me (Win 10, Chrome), if I'm reading a thread and click the Chrome bookmark to get back to the main forum page, all thread are then marked as read. Didn't work that way on the old forum... all thread remained marked unread until I actually read them.

Happening for me too. Using Chrome in Win 7.

[align:right]##

##[/align]

On my system it has been hard left since the last closest thing to an overhaul. OSX 10.10.5 all versions of Firefox from then to current version. But it now appears to be even harder left like no space at all. Before it was not centered but there was maybe a couple of character spaces from the very edge of the browser window.

Different topic: I think the area for the avatar is very cluttered looking. Needs more blank space like signage needs blank space for it to be easy on the eyes. The text is justified to the left. It might look better justified centered and the font i point or 2 smaller. The avatar is too large for the allotted space. I also do not see value in the locations being active links to a map. It would be fine if the active link did not have the underline. But the underline only adds to the clutter. Somehow Kawaii James's looks good. If the avatar size was limited to what he has it could all work. But with a larger avatar and when people post the city state and country and the city is two longer words it is an eyesore.

Does NOT work well on mobile (safari, specifically). Not getting the whole page in the screen, have to scroll sideways even to read everything I"m typing just now.

I"m not having that problem with Safari on my iPad, latest version.

I miss the "Index" button at the end of the threads â any way to bring it back?
Agreed, I"m. It liking having to go to the top of the page in order to get back to the topic list.

One "problem" I'm having with the new forum is that posts aren't showing as unread for me. It used to have the folder colored when there were posts in the thread I had not read, and clicking on the title took me to the first unread post. Now, everything is being shown as read and clicking on the thread takes me to the first post.

What did I break now??? :pop:

More here

I"ve realized one of the reasons why this is a really big problem for me. I have the forum set to show 50 or some huge number of posts per page, so the lack of jumping to the first unread post can cause me to have to do major scrolling.

I guess I"ll set it to something smaller until this gets fixed.

(This is also why I complain when people talk about posts on certain pages, because it is a different number for me.)

Thanks for all the comments!

It may take a minute until we get a handle on this. We would have loved to have been able to be more careful and thorough about the migration...but we HAD to be off the old server by last Friday as it was wiped and taken out of service, so we felt getting the forums to a safe space was the most important thing.

dB

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

«I�ve not had much chance to play with it yet but it sounds pretty good so far and looks like it might give Korg Module a run for it�s money.»

Only me having the apostrophe substituted by a white question mark on black background? Using Safari on iPad in Norway.

Here"s another example from the same thread about the «Pure Synth Platinum for iPad» which looks normal:

«I'll have to give this a try, their Neo Soul Studio EP's really upped my EP sounds!»

It may take a minute until we get a handle on this. We would have loved to have been able to be more careful and thorough about the migration...but we HAD to be off the old server by last Friday as it was wiped and taken out of service, so we felt getting the forums to a safe space was the most important thing.

No worries, take your time guys. ;)

Once everything has stabilised, I would be interested to read more about the server migration.

Cheers,

James

x

Employed by Kawai Japan, however the opinions I express are my own.
Nord Electro 3 & occasional rare groove player.

I'm not sure if this is a bug or intended, however I'm seeing a horizontal scrollbar at the bottom of my browser window, which remains even after I expand the width of the window.

Win7/Firefox:

http://i63.tinypic.com/2d3sdh.png

Win7/Chrome:

http://i67.tinypic.com/1ghr9w.png

Cheers,

James

x

I expierience the same on a MacBook with Firefox. Nothing major, but slightly annoying :D

It's not a clone, it's a Suzuki.

Probably not a bug, but a feature I miss is the "Posts" feature under "My Stuff" in the old forum. I used it to quickly check for activity on whatever threads I was participating in on the rare occasions when something (like work) limited my time on KC.

Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.

-Mark Twain