Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

My next stompbox?

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Used Voodoo Labs Tremolo - $79.99

Voodoo Labs Tremolo GC

Schweedt... ! If I didn't already have a tremolo pedal, I'd hafta jump on that! That's a great pedal, AND a great deal!

I will definitely get the 1 spot, the one that takes 8 pedals. I have 5 I use now and think I will add a Voodoo labs tremolo. I may add more in the future, but for now i think that is it. Although a Wampler ace thirty or thirty something have caught my eye.

Thats a nice pedal.

MUCH agreed. Brian Wampler makes GREAT pedals, ESPECIALLY his various "amp in a box" types like the Ace 30/Thirty Something. he's a great guy, too. Greatness abounds.

Go for the '1 Spot Combo Pack', too, surfergirl; you won't regret it. It's also a great deal on a great piece of gear- the various included accessories and options cover a lot of bases, many of which can be useful and used with other power supplies, as well.

Ask yourself- What Would Ren and Stimpy Do?

~ Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite ~

_ ___ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _

Both of the Wampler Vox style pedals are discontinued, but they are available if I decide get one. Cheaper than buying an amp.

Yep!

Indeed. :cool:

By the way, surfergirl- why were you considering another amp before- such as that MESA/Boogie- you've got a really nice Fender Supersonic 22, right? That's a really GREAT amp... What might you be looking for in an amp that that one doesn't cover?

My next stompbox will be a Boss CP-1X Compressor. I pulled the trigger on one today so it's going to be my Father's day present! It should work nicely for a clean boost on humbuckers, single coils and acoustics. We'll see! :cool:
Take care, Larryz

Both of the Wampler Vox style pedals are discontinued, but they are available if I decide get one. Cheaper than buying an amp.

Yep!

By the way, surfergirl- why were you considering another amp before- such as that MESA/Boogie- you've got a really nice Fender Supersonic 22, right? That's a really GREAT amp... What might you be looking for in an amp that that one doesn't cover?

I was looking for some Vox sounds, hence the Wampler Vox pedals. After I thought about it why spend $2000 or even $1000 for an amp when for about $150 I can get the Wampler Ace Thirty.

Also, the Supersonic 22 is a great amp. I believe you are the one that got experimenting more with the burn channel, especially the 2nd gain stage. I had been only using about half the amps capabilities before.

Jenny S.

Evidently my next pedals will be a delay and a verb. My practice pedal steel and a chunk of my steel rig was at rehearsal place and there was a house fire. I didn't all my stuff back. Guitar is OK. It's a mess from smoke extinguisher discharge. It's getting cleaned up and some maintenance. My delay wasn't anything special, a cheap Ibenez DE7 but it worked well. The verb was an Boss RV5. I liked the verb. Probably try the RV-6. Not sure about the delay. The JHS Lucky Cat ticks all the checkboxes on my wish list but I hate to spend $200 on delay pedal. I can't have anything larger than a boss case because the pedal board is small the Peterson tuner, Sparkle drive, GE7 EQ, and Delay and verb will fill it. The Carbon Cooy is small.

Decisions...

"It doesn't have to be difficult to be cool" - Mitch Towne

"A great musician can bring tears to your eyes!!!

So can a auto Mechanic." - Stokes Hunt

Evidently my next pedals will be a delay and a verb. My practice pedal steel and a chunk of my steel rig was at rehearsal place and there was a house fire. I didn't all my stuff back. Guitar is OK. It's a mess from smoke extinguisher discharge. It's getting cleaned up and some maintenance. My delay wasn't anything special, a cheap Ibenez DE7 but it worked well. The verb was an Boss RV5. I liked the verb. Probably try the RV-6. Not sure about the delay. The JHS Lucky Cat ticks all the checkboxes on my wish list but I hate to spend $200 on delay pedal. I can't have anything larger than a boss case because the pedal board is small the Peterson tuner, Sparkle drive, GE7 EQ, and Delay and verb will fill it. The Carbon Cooy is small.

Decisions...

I really like my Malekko 616 Analog Delay. All the features of the CC, with the Mod controls on top, where you can get at them, same small footprint. Goes from subtle Modulation to full-on seasickness. Used ones tend to run $10-20 less than used CC's, for some reason? Gives you a little boost when you turn it, too.

"Monsters are real, and Ghosts are real too. They live inside us, and sometimes, they win." Stephen King

http://www.novparolo.com

https://thewinstonpsmithproject.bandcamp.com

Thanks. I never thought of Malekko. I think they are the people that made this little itty bitty spring reverb pedal I liked called the Chicklet. They do some cool stuff.

Thanks. I never thought of Malekko. I think they are the people that made this little itty bitty spring reverb pedal I liked called the Chicklet. They do some cool stuff.

Yes, the Chicklet is one of their Omicron series, really narrow pedals. For some reason, most of that series seems to have been discontinued? The only problem I've run into with Malekko gear is with their Manuals: they're more like quick intros, than full instructions, and the more complex the device, the less helpful the manual, it seems? (I noticed one Gear discussion group where a lot of users had returned the Malekko Sneak Attack, because they really couldn't figure out how to use it, even after reading the manual.)

One thing to be aware of is all the "Analog Delays" that aren't really Analog. A handful of "Analog" Delay pedals are really using a PT2399 chip, which is a Digital chip, that's used to emulate an Analog sound. Almost any Delay pedal with a S/R jack is likely to be Digital (Duncan Vapor Trail, Dwarfcraft MiniVan), some Wampler and EQD Delays are also using that chip. The Carbon Copy, Mason AD-9 (if you can still find one?), Malekko 616 and the Way Huge Aqua Puss are all true Analog. From my research, it seems like a number of the EHX Memory Toy/Boy/Man series are also Analog, but I've run into PS issues with them, and written them off. The MM w/Hazarai is Digital, no question.

"Monsters are real, and Ghosts are real too. They live inside us, and sometimes, they win." Stephen King

http://www.novparolo.com

https://thewinstonpsmithproject.bandcamp.com

I ordered the one spot power supply combo and a JHS Tidewater mini tremolo from Sweatwater. I have them shipped to my father and he sends the USPS, cheapest way to get here. This will be it for now as just found out my mom is getting married and is giving me the house. The house is paid for, but I am sure the taxes, insurance, maintenance and whatever will cost me. So no more toys for now.
Jenny S.

Yep!

I was looking for some Vox sounds, hence the Wampler Vox pedals. After I thought about it why spend $2000 or even $1000 for an amp when for about $150 I can get the Wampler Ace Thirty.

Also, the Supersonic 22 is a great amp. I believe you are the one that got experimenting more with the burn channel, especially the 2nd gain stage. I had been only using about half the amps capabilities before.

I have some Vox amps... and I have some pedals that make my other amps sound like Vox amps.

I've never played through an Ace Thirty but hear they are great.

I have a Tech 21 Liverpool which is a GREAT Vox simulator pedal!

I also have an inexpensive GFS Twin Clean Drive that has one "6L6 (Fender)" channel and one "EL84 (Vox)" channel, both low gain and clean, then you turn them both on for some gain. The funny thing is that I usually used that one with an AC15... to get it to sound like a Fender sometimes and an AC30 other times.

I find the Supersonic 22 to be a clean Fender channel and then a Mesa overdrive channel (the original "Mesa" amps were actually Fender Princetons and Deluxe Reverbs he would hot rod up into saturated overdrive, so it makes sense) so I thought you wanted more power with the Mesa... but yeah, you can get great results in tones these days from pedals without spending a great deal of money.

I've played an Les Paul Special (two P90s) into an Ace Thirty into a Boogie Express 5:50 Plus. Sounded great.

Yep!

I have some Vox amps... and I have some pedals that make my other amps sound like Vox amps.

I've never played through an Ace Thirty but hear they are great.

I have a Tech 21 Liverpool which is a GREAT Vox simulator pedal!

I also have an inexpensive GFS Twin Clean Drive that has one "6L6 (Fender)" channel and one "EL84 (Vox)" channel, both low gain and clean, then you turn them both on for some gain. The funny thing is that I usually used that one with an AC15... to get it to sound like a Fender sometimes and an AC30 other times.

I find the Supersonic 22 to be a clean Fender channel and then a Mesa overdrive channel (the original "Mesa" amps were actually Fender Princetons and Deluxe Reverbs he would hot rod up into saturated overdrive, so it makes sense) so I thought you wanted more power with the Mesa... but yeah, you can get great results in tones these days from pedals without spending a great deal of money.

I never really needed more power, the Supersonic is more than enough for everything we do. I just couldn't justify spending $2000. on an amp. Maybe something less expensive later. For now I'm going to be happy with what I have. Plus maybe my grandpa will give me the Vibrolux Reverb someday.

Jenny S.

The new Boss Compressor CP-1X came in today...so far, I'm giving it 5 out of 5 stars. Very impressive! The only problem with it is I don't want to turn it off LOL! It works great on my electric for clean boost and I don't mind turning it on and off. On the acoustic, it sounds too good to turn off and the guitar really comes alive! But, that's not so bad as I can craft my sound and just leave it on and play an acoustic as an acoustic LOL! The pedal is an exceptionally nice looker and built like all Boss pedals. Very sturdy. The switch is silent. The boost is as clean as anyone could ever ask for. Studio quality IMHO. It has 4 knobs to play with and I'm using all of them. I would recommend using a power supply as the battery will only last 3 hours of continuous play. If using a battery, be sure to unplug the input when it's not in use or when taking a long break. Turn the compressor knob below 12 o'clock when using an acoustic. I could not ask for a better pedal! :thu:

Take care, Larryz

I ordered the one spot power supply combo and a JHS Tidewater mini tremolo from Sweatwater.

That 1 Spot Combo Pack will serve you VERY well. And that JHS Tidewater looks to be a very cool pedal- and for a very cool price! I suspect that you will enjoy that very, VERY much! Josh of JHS seems really cool, and his series of youtube videos singing praises about other makers' pedals, and pedal history, and classic records, are pretty great! :cool:

Just find a way to run reverb through that tremolo pedal, so that the reverb gets all chopped-up; it is THE classic tremolo sound, and you''l love it- you'll get hooked. :rawk:

I never really needed more power, the Supersonic is more than enough for everything we do. I just couldn't justify spending $2000. on an amp. Maybe something less expensive later. For now I'm going to be happy with what I have. Plus maybe my grandpa will give me the Vibrolux Reverb someday.

The Supersonic is a great amp. I, myself, think of the Mesa as pretty much being the same amp for most practical considerations... I might be wrong,

Well that was relatively low on the pain scale. Was getting ready to bite the bullet on a new delay and verb but checked the local classifieds. A friend of a friend was selling a Carbon Copy and a Boss RV-5. This will work. Way cheaper than what I was going to do.

Well that was relatively low on the pain scale. Was getting ready to bite the bullet on a new delay and verb but checked the local classifieds. A friend of a friend was selling a Carbon Copy and a Boss RV-5. This will work. Way cheaper than what I was going to do.

Glad for ya!